Teachers and Sick Leave..

Who's to blame for teacher sickness?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's to blame for teacher sickness?

• Teachers
    • Kids
    • Politicians
    • Parents

Own my business.

So not able to have months off work sick, resent paying taxes to wasters and skivers.

But isn't there far more tax fiddled than benefit / sick pay claimed? No doubt a more learned poster will correct me if I'm wrong?:suspect:

I have the same problem with people who make unsubstantiated, scaremongering claims. Especially when those claims undermine the efforts of a fine group of hard working people.

Does that include the ones who throw sickies willy nilly?

6 months off with stress, which strangely clears up just before the teacher drops onto half pay

Guest sibon
Does that include the ones who throw sickies willy nilly?

6 months off with stress, which strangely clears up just before the teacher drops onto half pay

I don't know any of those.

We have one teacher off long term at the moment, out of a staff of 70. I'm sure that they would rather be at work than facing the challenge that they have encountered. But that wouldn't fit with your unpleasant stereotyping, would it?

What's so wrong with someone suffering stress anyway? Its a very difficult thing to overcome. Some people can handle it better than others, what shall we do shoot them for being different?

If they were not paid, would they need 6 months off to deal with the stress?

I would imagine the skivers would deal with their issues and get back to doing the job they are being paid to do

December 30, 2008

15,000 teachers call in sick every day

More than 311,000 teachers took authorised sick leave last year, resulting in the loss of nearly 3,000,000 working days

There are many hard working teachers, they love to teach and still go in to work when they are ill, there are teachers that are not cut out to teach, they leave the school short of teachers by taking months off due to stress, if they can’t cope with the stress of teaching then it’s time to find a new career.

December 30, 2008

15,000 teachers call in sick every day

More than 311,000 teachers took authorised sick leave last year, resulting in the loss of nearly 3,000,000 working days

There are many hard working teachers, they love to teach and still go in to work when they are ill, there are teachers that are not cut out to teach, they leave the school short of teachers by taking months off due to stress, if they can’t cope with the stress of teaching then it’s time to find a new career.

HIt the nail on the head

Guest sibon

What are your qualifications to make such a pronouncement?

Archived