Teachers and Sick Leave..

Who's to blame for teacher sickness?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's to blame for teacher sickness?

• Teachers
    • Kids
    • Politicians
    • Parents

No, I simply object to certain sections of the workforce throwing sick willy nilly and expecting to recieve full pay

I know a lot of teachers and I think (this links in with society having a problem with instilling basic manners in children) that they do a difficult job. they are limited to what they can do and the odds are against them. I wouldn't be a teacher, not because of the stress but because I would end up shouting a lot and that wouldn't be cool.

Sue, why are you concerned about what other people do or don't do? Do you feel badly done to? Is the grass greener? Is this a tax payer thing? Is this a daily mail thing? Lots of people focus on external issues and like to blame allsorts save for what is really wrong in their lives. Just a thought.

No, I simply object to certain sections of the workforce throwing sick willy nilly and expecting to recieve full pay

So you rail against students who use their EMA for purposes other than books; complain about teachers who take unwarranted sick days; (in your opinion - or are you a doctor as well as a teacher and self employed)?

Yet you have the temerity to boast about lying in interviews, faking qualifications and tricking your university lecturer and conning your students. Unbelieveable. Literally.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=708099&highlight=ema

You are no one to sit in judgement of others

I know a lot of teachers and I think (this links in with society having a problem with instilling basic manners in children) that they do a difficult job. they are limited to what they can do and the odds are against them. I wouldn't be a teacher, not because of the stress but because I would end up shouting a lot and that wouldn't be cool.

Sue, why are you concerned about what other people do or don't do? Do you feel badly done to? Is the grass greener? Is this a tax payer thing? Is this a daily mail thing? Lots of people focus on external issues and like to blame allsorts save for what is really wrong in their lives. Just a thought.

As I keep explainin, it is wrong to take time off for made up illnesses such as stress and then expect full pay.

People who hog these jobs, deny another person the chance of secure employment and in this day and age that is not right.

So you rail against students who use their EMA for purposes other than books; complain about teachers who take unwarranted sick days; (in your opinion - or are you a doctor as well as a teacher and self employed)?

Yet you have the temerity to boast about lying in interviews, faking qualifications and tricking your university lecturer and conning your students. Unbelieveable. Literally.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=708099&highlight=ema

You are no one to sit in judgement of others

So every public sector worker is completely honest at the job interview?

Everyone answers the questions as honestly as they can?

As for tricking the university lecturer, so what. A problem was encountered which I got around.

Its called thinking on your feet.

Ultimatly, if you guys want to condone idleness and skivers then thats your way.

At least with benefit cheats we call them what they are = cheats.

Its a shame skivers are not treat as harshly, because in my opinion skivers are worse than people who fiddle the benefits systesm or fiddle their tax returns

At least with the self employed fiddling the books, they are at least doing something to create wealth, and not expecting others to wipe their bottoms

As I keep explainin, it is wrong to take time off for made up illnesses such as stress and then expect full pay.

People who hog these jobs, deny another person the chance of secure employment and in this day and age that is not right.

made up illness yes, thats wrong. Why do you think though that teachers seem to be the worst offenders? Is this from personal experience?

Hog jobs? Are yo out of work at the moment per chance Sue?

So every public sector worker is completely honest at the job interview?

Everyone answers the questions as honestly as they can?

As for tricking the university lecturer, so what. A problem was encountered which I got around.

Its called thinking on your feet.

Why single out people going for public sector jobs? Do some people who go for jobs in the private sector not lie?

I think you are using this issue as stick to beat others with. Unfortunately for you, you have been found out to be a hypocrite and a liar.

Doesn't help your case does it?

And by the way, it's not called thinking on your feet, it's called lying through your back teeth.

Is it wrong to take up jobs on the basis of qualifications that are not real? Are you not denying an honest person the chance of secure employment?

Archived