Don,t Judge A Book By Its Cover

Following on my last thread about Hillsborough Boys Club I got into all the activitys especially boxing.I used to enjoy the training,improving my fitness and the boxing itself,we would do a few rounds at the end of training.I was never competition class but could do a bit,after a few weeks I never was bettered and started to get a bit cocky!,then one week I got my comeupence,there was this slightly built ginger haired lad skipping in the gym,I asked him to do a few rounds in the ring,he agreed.From the first bell his left glove was graffted on my nose,he never missed,if you have ever been hit continuously on the nose you know how it hurts,quite a lot!,on top of this he knocked me off balance at will.Then I made the mistake of losing my temper trying to lay him out,the more I tried he sidesteped and sat me on my arse,if I,d got hold of him I would have laid him out,he gave me a good working over.Afterwards the trainer informed me I,d picked on the area champion,I wished he,d told me before!My nose throbbed like a Belisha beacon it felt the size of a beachball!,I thought[You can get hurt at this game I,d better retire].Years later I bumped into ginger at Baileys nightclub we had a pint and a laugh about it,I told him as soon as I saw him my nose started throbbing again.Never judge a book by its cover--Amen!.:help::roll::hihi::hihi:

Archived