A perfect year to be born

1945, which meant you lived through the swingin' 60's !!! Wonderful decade,

fab music, mini skirts, money in your pocket etc etc.

True, I was 10 when sixties started so teenager when the Beatle era started and 16 when we got flower power, oh what a time we had, nothing will ever be able to match those times:hihi::hihi::love::love:

1943 has been good for me. I was brought up poor but happy, lived on a street where I was safe, all the neighbours looked after each others kids, we really didn't use to lock our doors. I saw the beginning of rock'n'roll have been in love with Tab Hunter, Terry Dene (god help me) Cliff, Elvis, Rick Nelson, Billy Fury all of whom do not realise what they have missed. There was no call up for the boys of my generation, so when the Darnall fair came to town there was the full range of talent to choose from. I went to the Roxy on Monday and Wednesday, Locarno on a Thursday and Sunday and the Club 60 on a Saturday, that where I met my lovely husband. By the time the god awful Punk came around I was too busy raising a family to notice. So when not that I'm, shall we say 'winding down' a bit I don't really mind being this age, I wouldn't swap the world that I grew up in for anything that the kids have now.

Archived