Beautiful tune, but what is it? Can anyone help?

Not that, though the trumpet call does have the clarity of Herp Alpert's playing. I've checked right through his playlists and it's not one of his.

It's a much more contemporary piece and the guitar playing is a heavy, bass highly rhythmic sound.

Tijuana Taxi ?

Dial 2580 from you mobile, listen for the recorded message saying "point your mobile at the music". Do so for bout 10 seconds, you will then receive a text message telling you the name of the tune. Simples.

jb

ETA: Costs 50p for successfully matched music. http://receipts.mythings.com/tips/2956/Dial-2580-from-Your-Mobile-Phone-to-Identify-a-Song

ETA 2: may take upto 20 seconds, don't hang up your phone as Shazam will do it for you.

There is a track I love which is on my aerobics teacher's CD compilation and she doesn't know what it is. I've tried whistling & singing into some of those "Name That Tune" sites & got nowhere. Perhaps if I can describe it, one of you lovely people might just have an idea what it is, so that I can buy it.

It's an instrumental. There are several bars of heavy guitar beat, which puts me in mind of drumming horses' hooves and is in 2/2 rhythm ( a bit like the opening of Bonanza). Then, far off, you can hear the clear call of a trumpet, which swells to a fanfare to this rhythm :

Da da daaa da daaa da daaa da daaa

and repeats once.

The trumpet call is heart-stopping when you first hear it. The whole track has a Mexican feel to it and could easily be from a film.

Is that enough for anyone to hazard a guess for me?

Thank you

Its Smack My Bitch Up by the Prodigy.

No, but thank you for the suggestion. That's a lovely piece of music too. I've realised as well that the OH's Apple Ipod doesn't have a microphone, so I can't use Shazam.

I'm reduced to singing the trumpet fanfare to students at College. Not good for me or them.

You dont need a microphone just download the app to his iphone.

There is a track I love which is on my aerobics teacher's CD compilation and she doesn't know what it is. I've tried whistling & singing into some of those "Name That Tune" sites & got nowhere. Perhaps if I can describe it, one of you lovely people might just have an idea what it is, so that I can buy it.

It's an instrumental. There are several bars of heavy guitar beat, which puts me in mind of drumming horses' hooves and is in 2/2 rhythm ( a bit like the opening of Bonanza). Then, far off, you can hear the clear call of a trumpet, which swells to a fanfare to this rhythm :

Da da daaa da daaa da daaa da daaa

and repeats once.

The trumpet call is heart-stopping when you first hear it. The whole track has a Mexican feel to it and could easily be from a film.

Is that enough for anyone to hazard a guess for me?

Thank you

Could it be an instrumental version of 'Stand and Deliver' by Adam and the Ants?

Archived