Would you claim compensation after an accident if you were not hurt??

When I first started driving very few cars had head restraints and seat belts weren’t compulsory but yet whiplash was unheard of but today even basic models have head restraints and we have seat belts but yet the severity of a minor shunt leads to thousands of pounds in compensation for personal injury ………… strange. :suspect:

I haven't, on two past occasions. And still won't, so long as there is no harm to compensate for. It's a basic matter of principles and morals, you either have some...or you're a scroate :D

In the same context, not so long ago I managed to cancel out another party's PI claim (for whiplash or somesuch). Bumper kiss at less than 2 mph (my fault), no damage to either car whatsoever, not even cosmetic.

She still wanted to have her car checked out (fair enough) and I offerred to pay for that, and to await the report to decide on an insurance claim or a cash offer (if I could afford it...but then I knew the report would not find anything - which it didn't). She just wanted everything through the insurance from the off, and wouldn't budge: that (and her body language) told me she was going to try the PI on.

We had exchanged details, so I went around to her workplace within the hour, photographed her car (and mine), and emailed my insurer right away with the photos and my version of the event. She later claimed for PI, as expected, and my insurer fought the claim off on the basis of my submissions. Her claim never went anywhere.

To be fair, the reason I went round to photograph her car ASAP (didn't have a camera phone), was mostly because really dishonest types have been known who, in such situations, go on to reverse their car into a wall or post shortly after the accident, to justify the claim.

So you're claiming that immoral = strong?

Not like you to be backing the perverts and paedo's AJ - something wrong with you today?

Nice try but we're talking insurance claims here and not messing with kids.

Nice try but we're talking insurance claims here and not messing with kids.

So can you clarify - are you claiming that making false insurance claims makes you better than someone who doesn't?

Or that lying and obtaining money by deception is somehow praiseworthy?

Archived