Would you claim compensation after an accident if you were not hurt??

Depends. I've always said I wouldnt if not injured but it depends how much of a tool the person at fault was I think. One of my friends was rear ended by three guys in a car last week and they gave her nowt but grief until coppers came (it was a heavy one). She had her dad with her and they were threatening him too to try and make them take the blame. Suffice to say although she has whiplash I think she would have claimed anyway. I would do the same.....

Why? The person who goes in to you doesn't pay straight from their pocket their insurers will. Their premium will go up for the accident anyway so what's the point in making an injury claim? Other than to drive us honest drivers' premiums up even more?

For everything else that is going up......I would decide if I needed it, and if it wasn't essential I would get rid of it.

I have never claimed in over 20 years of driving, yet over the last 2 years my premiums have rocketted. I view this as unfair, and if I was to claime then I would view it as a bit of payback.

After all I paid £1000s into the system over the past 20 years

Logical :huh:

I care more about me and my family leading a better life than I do about your insurance premiums and how much you have to pay.

Why not nip out to the shop and nick £100 off them so you and your precious family can have a nice day out at the weekend!

You might think it's OK to steal from an insurance company. We all hate them so why not? Oh I know, because it's honest people that end up paying.

But it's OK. As long as your son gets a new football kit or you wife gets that haircut she's been banging on about for ages. :rolleyes:

Tell you what I'll come round to your house later and take your food out of the fridge and keep it for myself? Because we're hungry over here and only care about ourselves.

I didn't imply anything. I have been blatant in my view that I would have no problems claiming. I don't need excuses.

Yeah, you did.

Morals don't help to put bread on the table.

That implies that morality gets in the way of feeding yourself...

What is that if it's not a weak excuse for your immoral behaviour.

Why not nip out to the shop and nick £100 off them so you and your precious family can have a nice day out at the weekend!

You might think it's OK to steal from an insurance company. We all hate them so why not? Oh I know, because it's honest people that end up paying.

But it's OK. As long as your son gets a new football kit or you wife gets that haircut she's been banging on about for ages. :rolleyes:

Presumably he would, if he thought he wouldn't get caught... And he probably thinks that most other people would do the same, and that those of us who wouldn't are some sort of idiots.

You'd like to think people are trolling simply because people have different opinions to you. That seems to be the general theme of this forum. Any difference of opinion and the trolling card is pulled out.

I'll put my opinion across in a simple and blunt way...

I care more about me and my family than I do about you and anyone else that I don't know. If I have the chance to screw over an insurance company with a false claim and I believe that I will not get caught out, then I will do it, because providing a better standard of living for me and my family is more important to me than petty morals about insurance claims. I care more about me and my family leading a better life than I do about your insurance premiums and how much you have to pay.

Any difference of opinion and the trolling card is pulled out.
I didn’t accuse anyone though did I?

:hihi::hihi:

Keep trying ………. You may have some hooked but I am not even nibbling. :shakes:

Tell you what I'll come round to your house later and take your food out of the fridge and keep it for myself? Because we're hungry over here and only care about ourselves.

...because I am very likely to get caught. But on the whole yes, you are right. I would prefer you to suffer a higher insurance premium if it meant my son getting a new football kit. Not literally, but along the same lines. I care more about my son than I care about you.

Come and help yourself if you want. Chances are you will get caught.

!

You might think it's OK to steal from an insurance company. .

Insurance companys steal from us.

Worse thing is, we have to pay for this legaised theft by law

If it wasn't compulsary and we could choose to take the risk or not, I wonder how many people would drive around uninsured

If it wasn't compulsary and we could choose to take the risk or not, I wonder how many people would drive around uninsured

It's not theft. You can choose not to own a car.

And when you crash into someone else/run over a pedestrian how exactly are you going to afford to pay for their car repairs/ongoing medical care/compensation for injury etc?

jb

Probably not very many, once the press had run a few stories about people causing an accident and having their home repossessed to pay for the damages.

Insurance isn't for you (mainly), it's for the other people and their possessions.

Archived