Traffic wardens-my dog sees one off.

Warden was on the street, doing what he or she was supposed to be doing. Don't forget, this is a public place we're talking about here, not on private property.

Hubby finding the whole event amusing, I can't see that as anything but giving the dog positive reinforcement, and encouraging more of the same aggressive behaviour.

I wonder how many of you would find encouraging such behaviour amusing, if such a dog had a hold of your child or loved one?

Encouraging big dogs to be aggressive in a public place, is not cool.

Not the ticket issuers fault, it's policy makers you need to set the dog on. I live on the corner of a main rd with a dead end rd. They've just painted double yellows on each corner 15mtrs each side. Reason? Emergency access. [/qUOTE]

Emergency access, or the highway code stating that "Do not park within 10metres of a junction"

I find it most annoying when people, (typically large van drivers) park right up to the corner of a junction, it makes for dangerous emerging as you cannot see what is approaching behind the van.

What scum.
who is scum ..me.i dont think so.we dont teach our dogs to be aggressive.a dog will guard no matter what its instinct.i put the post on for general interest nothing more.the dog in question is a big softy but will protect.its in their nature.we love our dogs very much.our lives revolve round their care 24 hours a day.if my dog barks at someone whilst unable to get to the person there is no harm done and only serves to scare people off.so no harm done.lots of people dont like traffic wardens and scaring one is just mildly amusing to some people.

Emergency access, or the highway code stating that "Do not park within 10metres of a junction"

I find it most annoying when people, (typically large van drivers) park right up to the corner of a junction, it makes for dangerous emerging as you cannot see what is approaching behind the van.

Quite agree, emergency access from main road could mean emergency vehicle needs space to turn round and no-one should be parking that close to junction anyway.

Archived