Stupid sized sandwich question

Take the following

http://l.yimg.com/i/i/any/quad2.jpg

people (especially americans) are always trying to come up with the next nicest, extreme foods they can.

having the biggest sandwich of all bigger sandwiches is all good and well, but it begs a few questions.

does anybody actually know how you physically eat it?

do you get a free 24 inch gob?

do you pick it off layer by layer and scoff it? (surely that defeats the object of buying a sarny tho?)

nibble at the top bit by bit? surely the bottom will be stone cold by the time you get there?

Mmmm, nice starter. I went in Subway on West St last week and was asked all sorts of questions. The bloke was a little annoyed that I didn't know the different types of bread, sauces and toppings. I tried to explain that I'd never been in before and didn't know the procedure. He looked at me as though I'd just arrived from Mars. Won't be going in there again. I'm sure the business will survive though :)

Mmmm, nice starter. I went in Subway on West St last week and was asked all sorts of questions. The bloke was a little annoyed that I didn't know the different types of bread, sauces and toppings. I tried to explain that I'd never been in before and didn't know the procedure. He looked at me as though I'd just arrived from Mars. Won't be going in there again. I'm sure the business will survive though :)

EXACTLY as i felt the only time ive ever been (and in no rush to go back), i wanted a question not a go on mastermind, just give me a bloody sandwich and shut up

EXACTLY as i felt the only time ive ever been (and in no rush to go back), i wanted a question not a go on mastermind, just give me a bloody sandwich and shut up

To be honest I just guessed. I opted for "Italian" bread, I wouldn't know an "Italian" loaf if it poked me in the eye. I think he asked me for the size in inches as well. I didn't think this through either, but it did two meals for me! As for topping, I showed the twot, by asking for "sweet chilli sauce." That showed him I wasn't an old dithering fart!!

Sweet chilli sauce is quiet trendy for me:roll::hihi:

mel, the object isn't to make a practical sandwich anyone can eat. The object is to make something outrageous and eye catching to help your business get attention. :)

If you want to see some cuh-razy food. Look here

mel, the object isn't to make a practical sandwich anyone can eat. The object is to make something outrageous and eye catching to help your business get attention. :)

If you want to see some cuh-razy food. Look here

you mean your NOT supposed to eat it? :( im dismayed

suppose its why they say never eat anything bigger than your head

you mean your NOT supposed to eat it? :( im dismayed

suppose its why they say never eat anything bigger than your head

Well you can. But you're going to run into all the problems you mentioned. :hihi:

Many, many restaurants, burger joints, greasy spoons, etc. over here often have a signature dish that's purt nigh impossible to eat. For instance, they usually give anyone brave enough to attempt eating a ginormous pizza, steak, lobster, burger, etc. a free dinner. Sometimes their entire party eats free as well. Sometimes they have a contest. It brings in business.

The one that comes to mind are the In n Out 8x8 burgers. Eight hamburger patties, eight slices of cheese. In n Out is a chain restaurant in California. GREAT cheseburgers. MMMMM. Though no way in hell would I ever eat an 8x8. Some places won't even give you an 8x8.

Guy attempting to eat an entire 8x8. And he's british. ;)

No wonder we're all gluttons, huh?

Exactly the same with coffee.

"Do you want a coffee?"

"Erm...yeah, alright, just a normal coffee."

"What do you mean?"

"You know, just a filter coffee..."

(blank stare)

"Just a coffee....A COFFEE"

"Latte, super latte, skinny, mocha, blah, blah, blah...?"

"Just give me an effin coffee before I shoot you"

"Would that be lead pellet, chromium pellet, magnesium shot........?"

BLAM!

Archived