Could we have a seperate thread for reception venues only?

Sorry, thee may already be one, Ive been on here that much asking the same Qs trying to sort this wedding that I have lost track, but it's really really tedious looking at a 23 page thread dating back years for ideas for a reception venue, lots are halls/hotels doing the ceremony aswell, I just wondered if there could be a seperate thread for evening reception places only?

x

I have been thinking myself that the wedding section could do with a bit of re-organising. I think that you will need to make a suggestion on the Feedback and Suggestions area of the site: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=24

I also think that the services offered section is the same, I sure some of the business that have posted on there don't exist anymore. Or if they do there contact details/business address may have changed.

Maybe the wedding section could do with a bit re-organising of the stickys at the top.

Also think that the wedding section could do with a sticky at the top in bold saying that people offering services should post in the services offered section. So many advertise their services by creating new threads.

As the Wedding Group Leader I am forever merging together threads which have been started of the same topic. The Wedding Venue sticky covers both a location to be married as well as the place for the reception. Many couples get married in the same venue. This thread is tidied up regularly - in fact it's due a tidy soon, so thanks for reminding me. It may be a large thread that has posts from some time ago, but those venues are still operating so the suggestions are still very valid.

Advertising is not permitted in groups, so we are lucky to be able to have one thread which covers services offered. If you do come across a business or service which is no longer operating, please report it. We want to be able to cover every possible service and it's unfair to remove businesses simply because they don't post regularly on the Forum. The Group is checked regularly and all services are moved to the Services offered thread.

The stickys are working very well at the top as they are the most popular topics, reflected by the number of hits they receive.

They do work , yes, but to trawl through pages of old threads, that are years old, places that don't exist anymore etc, it's very tedious. I bet I have been about 25% of recent hits on it, is there no way to update it at all, or make some sort of list, rather than people having to trudge through page upon page of repeated venues and old posts that ar eno longer relevent etc?

Also, I know it is the whole point of megathreads, but things get put in there and are lost really easily sometimes., and it can get frustrating.

Where is the wedding reception thread if you dont mind me asking? I have lost track of what I have and haven't gone through (recently anyway)!

Archived