72 Virgins Media Propaganda

I am not a fan of armies either - but that is another point... The point of this thread was and still is whether these kids kill because they think that they have 72 virgins awaiting them, and if this is a phrase that has ever been used by a fundamentalist...

I like how the forces are teenagers backed by their nation to kill, yet those who claim to be muslim, yet murder other muslims are nationalists... You have a interesting turn of phrase...

If you really wish to understand the mind set I suggest you watch mullah Omar tv interview and what he says about using suicide bombings

If you really wish to understand the mind set I suggest you watch mullah Omar tv interview and what he says about using suicide bombings

I have no interest in them or any other terrorists to be honest - and that includes quite a few attacks that the US have made... If starved of attention, they'd get bored and find something new to amuse themselves with... It's just too much not to publicise their acts in the media, and this is a shame as they would soon end without anyone to see them...

Devide and conquer is best suited for forign occupation , eg

Iraq

There have been many occupations of one european country within another throughout time - google it and see what europe has been up to, and up against... It would help you see how europe arranges itself, and also defends itself, today...

eh? Since when has the Iranian president been speaking Arabic?

Well, whichever language he usually speaks.

The point is that "erased from the page of history" isn't a common English idiom to mean that you want someone exterminated, so it was translated as "wiped off the face of the map" which is. Truthlogic seems to think that a colloquial translation is the same as a lie - or else, he has some ulterior motive for wanting everybody else to think so.

Hey truthlogic, here is your video evidence, and its from your favorite website too!

""When the Shahid [Martyr] meets his Maker, all his sins are forgiven from the first gush of blood. He is exempted from the torments of the grave (Judgment). He sees his place in Paradise. He is shielded from the Great Shock, and marries 72 Dark Eyed [Virgins]. He is a heavenly advocate for 70 members of his family. On his head is placed a crown of honor, one stone of which is worth more than all there is in this world."

Here is (wait for it, you'll like this part)

with a different guy saying pretty much the same thing:

"The next kindness: 'He[the martyr] marries 72 of the Dark-Eyed wives.'

One description of the Dark-Eyed [maidens]: 'If one of the women of Paradise would look towards the earth, she would light up everything between heaven and earth.' [sahih Bukhari, 6199]"

Also, there was a hamas spokesman on an american tv show who said "If you become a martyr, God will give you 70 virgins"

Here are two sources for that one.

Finally, there is no reason to believe the BBC is lying about the man in your OP.

This is not a myth, there really are people out there who believe this and use it to try and brainwash young men into blowing themselves up.

Hey truthlogic, here is your video evidence, and its from your favorite website too!

""When the Shahid [Martyr] meets his Maker, all his sins are forgiven from the first gush of blood. He is exempted from the torments of the grave (Judgment). He sees his place in Paradise. He is shielded from the Great Shock, and marries 72 Dark Eyed [Virgins]. He is a heavenly advocate for 70 members of his family. On his head is placed a crown of honor, one stone of which is worth more than all there is in this world."

Here is (wait for it, you'll like this part)

with a different guy saying pretty much the same thing:

"The next kindness: 'He[the martyr] marries 72 of the Dark-Eyed wives.'

One description of the Dark-Eyed [maidens]: 'If one of the women of Paradise would look towards the earth, she would light up everything between heaven and earth.' [sahih Bukhari, 6199]"

Also, there was a hamas spokesman on an american tv show who said "If you become a martyr, God will give you 70 virgins"

Here are two sources for that one.

Finally, there is no reason to believe the BBC is lying about the man in your OP.

This is not a myth, there really are people out there who believe this and

h

---//////////:

Thanks Jim , I was looking for that vid so that i could add it to my opening statement !

He is a mullah from Gaza I belive ,

Well, whichever language he usually speaks.

The point is that "erased from the page of history" isn't a common English idiom to mean that you want someone exterminated, so it was translated as "wiped off the face of the map" which is. Truthlogic seems to think that a colloquial translation is the same as a lie - or else, he has some ulterior motive for wanting everybody else to think so.

I suggest you Reserch a little more what was Said

As the word erased was also NOT used !

Thanks Jim , I was looking for that vid so that i could add it to my opening statement !

He is a mullah from Gaza I belive ,

And why do you dismiss him?

what about the other 2 examples I gave?

What reason is there to believe the BBC is lying about the man in the OP?

As far as I can see we have four examples of four different fundamentalists saying it on four different occasions, what ridiculous standard of proof are you operating on where that is not enough?

I suggest you Reserch a little more what was Said

As the word erased was also NOT used !

Thanks for proving my point that you cannot distinguish between a colloquial translation and a lie.

No words at all of English were used, because he wasn't speaking in English. Do you infer from that, that he said nothing?

Archived