72 Virgins Media Propaganda

[/b]

Didn't get them very far did it? A nation of feuding hill tribes throughout history. It has, if not already all the potential to be a failed nation.

I agree we should get out ASAP and permanently destroy all the poppy fields before doing so using soil destroying chemicals if necessary

Yes a nation which has resisted British occupation for the 4th time !

And heroin production increased AFTER taliban lost control !

Give it up truth logic, neither of which qualities you are blessed with incidentally.

You remind me of my wife's pet cockatoo just repeating the same old stuff every time. Western backed! Western backed ! Western backed ! Bad guys cos they're western backed !

Think I'll go out and have a conversation with the garden wall. I might get a more intelligent response :hihi:

Western backed regimes Which hang gays and dont even let women drive

Backed means giving massive finacial , military and political aid

And being invited for tea with the queen !

Harly no offence but if I wanted to talk to peeps like you I would stick with YouTube !

Get some common sense and stop being brainwashed by American news !

Western backed regimes Which hang gays and dont even let women drive

Backed means giving massive finacial , military and political aid

And being invited for tea with the queen !

Harly no offence but if I wanted to talk to peeps like you I would stick with YouTube !Get some common sense and stop being brainwashed by American news !

You tube is where you get all your facts from anyway loggy baby :hihi: Try something like the Economist or The Times Not American publications either.

4 examples loggy. There is no reason not to believe the BBC one and the one that doesn't mention the word 'virgins' contains the exact same sentiment. And why would I take your word that the other guy is an Israeli agent?

Infact, ignore that. Lets just say that you're right, he is an Israeli agent, and the BBC lied (hypothetically), that's still two examples that you will admit.

It's not a myth, it is true. Some Islamist suicide bombers are motivated in part by the promise of sexual rewards granted by god in the afterlife, I think it's great that there are a lot of Islamic scholars out there who do their best to convince people that Islamic texts do not sanction this, and I'm sure that the vast majority of the world's muslims do not believe such nonsense, but that doesn't change the fact that some people do, and it is helping them to make the decision to 'martyr' (what a cop out) themselves.

Agreed, although I think I must be in deja vu land.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22the+myth+of+72+virgins%22+site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.sheffieldforum.co.uk&hl=en&authuser=0&num=10&lr=&ft=i&cr=&safe=images&tbs=

This same discussion has happened before, and I recall your real actual evidence, that some nutters actually say these things, was met with denial last time as well. :roll:

I don't know what the point of the denial is, or what sort of cognitive dissonance this must set in place in the delusioned person's mind. If we were to accept the claim that there are not nutters, saying nutty things, brainwashing vulnerable people to commit horrible acts, then what is the alternative? The alternative can only be worse for any claims that this is a 'religion of peace'.

:huh:

This reply of yours has absolutely no relevance to what I posted - I suggest you read my post again and, if you can come up with something sensible, I'll respond to it.

You posted in response to Truthlogic's claims about Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's comments on Israel.

Truthlogic replied with an answer about the 72 virgins comment, completely unrelated. It's a dodge, it's what he does. It's one of the reasons these threads will never be successfully discussed.

yes but would they be doing it if Israel wasn't occupying Palestine?

If the Soviets had not invaded Afghanistan?

If America had not invaded Iraq and Afghanistan?

The west is providing plenty of opportunity for youngsters to end up as suicide bombers by creating the conditions in which martyrdom becomes the best option and in some cases the only option. The idea that some old cleric is brain washing people is nonsense.

Ah, what a nice simple world you must inhabit. Where the line between good and evil can be drawn, or more likely drawn for you, so that your anger can be neatly oriented.

As I've pointed out before, what about Western Sahara? An area where many tens of thousands of Muslims have been forcibly displaced from their homes? The human rights abuses there have been akin to those in the disputed lands of Israel. Yet we hear nothing from you and others on the former. Why is that?

Having said that all the evidence regarding attacks like 9/11 and 7/7points to an inside job.

Only if you're a nut job.

using soil destroying chemicals if necessary

Thus depriving the people's of any arable land to grow crops on, which increases poverty and (ultimately) early death. You'll then be complaining about "terrorists blowing up US interests" and you'll still wonder why:rolleyes:.

I'm surprised no one has checked on Wikipedia, which has this to say:

In a collection by Imam at-Tirmidhi in his "Sunan" (Volume IV, Chapters on "The Features of Heaven as described by the Messenger of Allah", chapter 21: "About the Smallest Reward for the People of Heaven", hadith 2687) and also quoted by Ibn Kathir in his Tafsir (Qur'anic Commentary) of Surah Qur'an 55:72, it is stated:

"It was mentioned by Daraj Ibn Abi Hatim, that Abu al-Haytham 'Adullah Ibn Wahb narrated from Abu Sa'id al-Khudhri, who heard Muhammad saying, 'The smallest reward for the people of Heaven is an abode where there are eighty thousand servants and seventy-two houri, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine and ruby, as wide as the distance from al-Jabiyyah to San'a. [62]

Hafiz Salahuddin Yusuf has said: "The narration, which claims that everyone would have seventy-two wives has a weak chain of narrators".'

The article goes on to quote two other opinions:

'Views Margaret Nydell states that mainstream Muslims regard this belief about 72 virgins in the same way that mainstream Christians regard the belief that after death they will be issued with wings and a harp, and walk on clouds.

Another interpretation of the relevant passages of the Qur'an is The Syro-Aramaic Reading Of The Qur'an written by Christoph Luxenberg. Luxenberg argues that the relevant passage actually translates to a portrayal of paradise as a lush garden with pooling water and trees with rare fruit, including white raisins (considered to be delicacies at the time that the Qur'an was written), not virgin maidens.'

Are the redtops the only mainstream media? I would like to hope that just as many who read these read other publications which are equally simple to get hold of, such as broadsheets and political magazines...

Sadly the majority do get their news from the redtops the others anyway are just better quality propaganda, like the BBC.

I think the 72 virgins story was banded about to help the dumbed down,sex obsessed majority of westerners understand why someone could do something like 7/7 and 9/11..

Sadly the majority do get their news from the redtops the others anyway are just better quality propaganda, like the BBC.

I think the 72 virgins story was banded about to help the dumbed down,sex obsessed majority of westerners understand why someone could do something like 7/7 and 9/11..

What news sources would you recommend?

Now that Al Quaeda have admitted that Bin Laden is dead, doesn't that mean you and the other conspiracy theorists are a bit redundant and should hide for a while?

Archived