I was a Bully at School

As a lad I was head and shoulders above most and very strong and fit,I found it easy to over power most kids of my age,when I think back to them days I must have terrified some poor kids and made there liefs a misery,I would not say I am ashamed looking back, but when you are growing up it is a survival of the fittest and you have to find your place in life,I thinks now days a lot of the kids are mony codeled compared to my day,if you did not stick up for your self then they were all over you,I was always in fights and in trouble and ended up being expelled from school,when I left school I went to work as a mechanic and latter joined the army and never looked back,my Dad was my hero and he made me look after my self,and I past the same on to my son,I'm not sure about things now days but they seem to be gangs and not the stand up fights that we had in my generation,if you look at most of the successful people now they are mostly out spoken and loud no doubt most of them were something like a bully in the past.

I was bullied at school, yet I am successful, outspoken and confident... I always was, and that was the main reason for the personal insults and attacks, as weak people tend to be the bullies in my experience... I used to think that they'd end up scrubbing my toliets when I was older and working, but in reality I am paying their benefits :(

I do believe that kids are molly coddled now though - you are right about needing to know where you are in the pecking order, and by the poor quality of my bullies, I judged myself to be fairly near the top :)

Everyone should be taught from childhood to look after themselves.

Physical and mental strength are both admirable traits, however, bullying as distinct from a no nonesense approach to self preservation is often the preserve of the liberty taker and often a coward that looks for a soft target.

At secondary school despite being tall and in those days well set up I tolerated constant digging for a week from one particular yeti.

He was a bit bigger than I was, the day of reckoning came, I did him with a chair before he got out of his seat in the dining hall, It looked a lot more dramatic than the damage caused, he did lose interest in digging me out though.

I am relatively successful and I was pretty much a bully at school. Like yourself It's not something I am proud of and I wouldn't want my kids to do the same. If I managed to get in contact with anyone that I have bullied in the past, I would apologise.

As a lad I was head and shoulders above most and very strong and fit,I found it easy to over power most kids of my age,when I think back to them days I must have terrified some poor kids and made there liefs a misery,I would not say I am ashamed looking back, but when you are growing up it is a survival of the fittest and you have to find your place in life,I thinks now days a lot of the kids are mony codeled compared to my day,if you did not stick up for your self then they were all over you,I was always in fights and in trouble and ended up being expelled from school,when I left school I went to work as a mechanic and never looked back,my Dad was my hero and he made me look after my self,and I past the same on to my son,I'm not sure about things now days but they seem to be gangs and not the stand up fights that we had in my generation,if you look at most of the successful people now they are mostly out spoken and loud no doubt most of them were something like a bully in the past.

So to sum up, you were a bully and you're sort of proud of it and you think bullies are winners.

Great post.

I am relatively successful and I was pretty much a bully at school. Like yourself It's not something I am proud of and I wouldn't want my kids to do the same. If I managed to get in contact with anyone that I have bullied in the past, I would apologise.
Yes I think I would apologies to some to be honest with you.

Archived