I was a Bully at School

Are you certain that you were a bully then? As they do tend to be pretty cowardly, and in my experience, damaged people with insecurities... That siad, I knew a few who ended up in the forces, as they needed something to belong to...

Well said. Bullies only feel safe in groups.

No I was not damaged at all I was well looked after by a caring family.

Were you actually a bully then? Or just someone who got into a lot of fights? My best mate was always fighting, but always with those who started on her and always with people the same size or bigger... She wasn't a bully, but she loved scrapping! Some people do, but it takes a delicate constitution to need to snipe and gripe at another who is different to you... Not always weaker, but always different in some way... This is what a bully is, in my mind anyways...

So, when you busy bullying other children at school, did you bully any who were bigger or stronger than you?? Or did you stick to the ones who were smaller and weaker?
I was the biggest kid on the block by far no one came any were near my size at school,I also had lots of hangers on who would do any thing I asked them to do.

I was in the middle of the pecking order at school, i never got trouble, nor looked for it.

I do remember chinning a bully though, he wasn't the hardest in the school by some way, but he was way the biggest bully.

There was this girl ya see, i was only 11, but he pushed her with both hands, knocking her backwards off a swing, so i chinned him. :hihi:

I eventually made her my girlfriend, with my charming wooing, but she dumped me after 2 weeks. :D

That is a beautiful tale :) Battle, love and loss :)

Good for you though, as some people are wary of going up against a bully in case they put themselves in the sights... You, troll, are not a coward...

No I was not damaged at all I was well looked after by a caring family.
My bold

You might not see yourself as "damaged", but I certainly see you that way. Anybody who really can't see anything wrong in the strong bullying the weak definitely has problems in my book.

Were you actually a bully then? Or just someone who got into a lot of fights? My best mate was always fighting, but always with those who started on her and always with people the same size or bigger... She wasn't a bully, but she loved scrapping! Some people do, but it takes a delicate constitution to need to snipe and gripe at another who is different to you... Not always weaker, but always different in some way... This is what a bully is, in my mind anyways...
yes I did like to fight I was a boxer as a lad and in the army.

I was the biggest kid on the block by far no one came any were near my size at school,I also had lots of hangers on who would do any thing I asked them to do.

So you only fought fights you had a odds on chance of winning? If you had so many hangers on, you could have gone up against those of your peers - unless the hangers on were weeds and incapable of a stand up scrap?

yes I did like to fight I was a boxer as a lad and in the army.

So why pick fights with those who you percieved as weaker? Where is the battle there? Why need any hangers on? I had mates at school, and some of em are still my mates all these years down the line - hangers on wouldn't have been the same, mates you can share trials and laughs with, hangers on just want to be behind you...

So you only fought fights you had a odds on chance of winning? If you had so many hangers on, you could have gone up against those of your peers - unless the hangers on were weeds and incapable of a stand up scrap?

Surely going into fights where you think you will win rather than fights you think you will lose, is actually a smart* thing to do. Why would anyone want to lose?

*I mean smart in terms of making sure no harm comes to yourself, not smart to bully.

Surely going into fights where you think you will win rather than fights you think you will lose, is actually a smart* thing to do. Why would anyone want to lose?

*I mean smart in terms of making sure no harm comes to yourself, not smart to bully.

Well, when it comes to going into a business meeting knowing you will def come out with the contract because your product and/or your patter is better than your competitor, then yes - this is great!

Just going out of your way to have a go at someone as you believe you will win out in a scrap is a bit cowardly - Those who love to scrap will always have others of similar size and build or bigger still to fight with if they wish to - and if you win, you know you won out of a even stand up fight...

Archived