I was a Bully at School

So why pick fights with those who you percieved as weaker? Where is the battle there? Why need any hangers on? I had mates at school, and some of em are still my mates all these years down the line - hangers on wouldn't have been the same, mates you can share trials and laughs with, hangers on just want to be behind you...
I did get a lot of beatings and I did meet my match many times,there is no gain in picking on weaker people thats not nice at all,I always stood up for the weakling and I did not pick on any one that was not able to look after them selfs . .

Well, when it comes to going into a business meeting knowing you will def come out with the contract because your product and/or your patter is better than your competitor, then yes - this is great!

Just going out of your way to have a go at someone as you believe you will win out in a scrap is a bit cowardly - Those who love to scrap will always have others of similar size and build or bigger still to fight with if they wish to - and if you win, you know you won out of a even stand up fight...

I like the way you put it. You might well be right then.

Although I still wouldn't generalise bullies using the word coward though. Some are, some aren't. But whether they are or not, it is a horrible thing to do regardless.

I did get a lot of beatings and I did meet my match many times,there is no gain in picking on weaker people thats not nice at all,I always stood up for the weakling and I did not pick on any one that was not able to look after them selfs . .

So you were not a bully then - what you describe are not the acts of a bully?

I like the way you put it. You might well be right then.

Although I still wouldn't generalise bullies using the word coward though. Some are, some aren't. But whether they are or not, it is a horrible thing to do regardless.

They do tend to be lacking something somewhere though - be it intelligence, possessions, confidence... Something that makes them a little spiteful and jealous of others around them...

They do tend to be lacking something somewhere though - be it intelligence, possessions, confidence... Something that makes them a little spiteful and jealous of others around them...
I was an only child brought up by an army Sargent major who was in the black watch who was an army boxing champion and as hard as nails and never laid a finger on me and looked after me.

I was an only child brought up by an army Sargent major who was in the black watch who was an army boxing champion and as hard as nails and never laid a finger on me and looked after me.

I'm not sure what the point of your post was now - You say you were a bully, but unashamed, which is a odd thing to say anyways, as why bring it up? Then you made claim that you simply enjoyed fighting, and at times lost and never fought with those you thought of were weaker, so infering that you weren't a bully?

Then the post above - you had a great childhood and were loved, which is nice, but that is also the experience of the vast majority of us, surely?

I think I will start a thread about going to school already able to read and write, and the kids who couldn't and were never going to excel in such pursuits had a bit of a go at me, as they percieved me as showing off... But I had lots of mates and a lovely family... Such a thread would mean as much to the rest of us as yours???

So why pick fights with those who you percieved as weaker? Where is the battle there? Why need any hangers on? I had mates at school, and some of em are still my mates all these years down the line - hangers on wouldn't have been the same, mates you can share trials and laughs with, hangers on just want to be behind you...

In my experience, a lot of kids will hang around with the bully lest they become his next target. Usually the bully was so brainless and nasty, I always wondered how they had any friends at all. Why do they hang out with him? Must be charisma. :hihi:

I was taught growing up that if you've been blessed with brains, or wit, or size, or looks, or whatever it is, that means you're supposed to be kinder to those weaker than you, not meaner. Trust me, what goes around eventually comes around.

Karma doesn't exist.

I used to think that, too. Then I got to be forty something and lived long enough to see karma kick the crap out of more than one person who was king of the world back in the day. Believe me, people get fat, they get sick, they go bald. They develop drinking habits. A business that once seemed unstoppable goes down the drain. Fancy houses in exclusive gated communities get foreclosed on. They are reduced to selling their personal belongings on ebay and their furniture on Craigslist. Their kids go to a community college instead of a university because they're broke.

Sometimes people are just unlucky, which is sad. But sometimes they're so arrogant, or so spoiled, or so accustomed to always being top dog they think they're ten feet tall and bulletproof.

There's no excuse for being a bully. Kids, while not excusing their behavior which should be corrected, haven't lived long enough to really see the error of their ways. They know it's wrong, but they don't realize how long lasting it can be. Both for the kids who suffer as victims and the bullies who when they become adults, have to live with knowing they made someone else miserable and are powerless to go back and change it. Your saying you'd apologize indicates you have done some self reflection and you have some compassion. Good for you.

I've never got the whole 'bullies are cowards' thing. i can safely say that I was never a coward at school. Bullying is not a nice thing to do, but it doesn't make somebody a coward. It's just a word that is thrown around every time bullying is mentioned, when it is simply not relevant at all.

Yes bullies are cowards who think the best way to get on in life because you have not the intellect to succeed any other way is to pick on someone who will not fight back. Bullies never pick on anyone who would be likely to put up a fight and win

Archived