I was a Bully at School

Then don't argue. I asked you a question. If what you are saying is that you have no answer, then fair enough. Thought as much.

It's not so much that, it's just that your inability to understand the tie up between being a bully and a coward can only be down to the fact that you're a bit thick. Now, if I were to point that out on a forum, you'd probably be a bit upset. Then you'd start arguing, which we don't want. So I'm not going to point out how thick you are, and we won't argue.

"Bullying is an act of repeated aggressive behavior in order to intentionally hurt another person, physically or mentally. Bullying is characterized by an individual behaving in a certain way to gain power over another person"

^ No. I was a bully. Cowardice was not involved in any way shape or form.

I put this thread out mainly because I was upset about hearing about kids being bullied, now days and the schools just don't seem to know how to deal with it,my opinion is that it will always happen and it is a normal part of kids growing up, its not very nice for some one who is bullied constantly, but kids must learn how to look after them self's,its no good going into the world from school and having no belief in your self every one should stick up for them self,some people are a bit stronger and smarter in life and they will always get on,we are after all only like the rest who live on this planet and it is just the survival of the fittest,no matter how you try and cover it up,I don't want to make any excuses for my behavior as a young lad all those years ago after all I was just doing what came naturally to me,the only thing I can say is the kids to day are different from my day they seem to be gangs who pick on one poor little kid or the kid who they see as not in there gang,that sort of thing should be stopped strait away but a lot of happens out side school.

I was bullied for about three years by four particular lads. I turned around one day and flattened one of them with 2 punches. they then left me alone. The bullies grew up to be a wife beater, a thief, drug dealer and one died an alcoholic. I saw one of them a few years back down town and he approached me like an old friend. I cut him down saying I didn't remember him. He knew I knew him and he knew why I blanked the him. Bullies make bad men who always revert to type. The OP is a prat showing himself to still be a bully. Hope his kids don't follow his example.

We have the advantage over most animals in that we are self aware and can think about our own behaviour. We can (and often do) use our pre frontal cortext to override the behaviour that 'comes naturally'. You shouldn't make any excuse though which is what you're trying to do with 'what comes naturally', there is none. You should however be ashamed of how you behaved.

We have the advantage over most animals in that we are self aware and can think about our own behaviour. We can (and often do) use our pre frontal cortext to override the behaviour that 'comes naturally'. You shouldn't make any excuse though which is what you're trying to do with 'what comes naturally', there is none. You should however be ashamed of how you behaved.

He isn't trying to make an excuse, he is telling it as he sees it and if you could free your mind from the shackles of conformity you would realise that it is indeed a basic instinct.

Here's another little fact to rock your choirboy view of the world, the bullied more often than not become the bullies. How do you feel about that? shouldn't they be using their prefrontal cortex's to curb their actions?:)

Archived