What's the italian cafe called that used to be Pollards Tea Room?

lily1979

Got it wrong its the tea room that used to be on York Street not charles street. Its now an italian called Cafe Piazza.

Blonde moment.

Ah - that one. Almost went the other day but the menu didn't look overly Italian. Guess I was craving Zerboni Taste at the time!!

The owners are/were Croatian from the Istria region where the food has a strong Italian influence. The cakes there are gorgeous. Have only had a meal there once but it was very good. All fresh ingredients.

Ah - that one. Almost went the other day but the menu didn't look overly Italian. Guess I was craving Zerboni Taste at the time!!

How can somewhere look Italian?

All Sheffield is these days is coffee shops houses and charity shops. I've been thinking about opening a dance hall myself; a bit like there used to be years and years ago. During the day people would be able to dance to big band music and such for the elder members of our community. During the evening you could dance to jazz and soul. It wouldn't be a public bar as such but you could buy alcohol during the evening if that's what you wanted. You would be able to buy food throughout the day and evening.

The owners are/were Croatian from the Istria region where the food has a strong Italian influence. The cakes there are gorgeous. Have only had a meal there once but it was very good. All fresh ingredients.

That's interesting, I went in the other week for the first time, just for coffee and cake, and it was very nice but I assumed it was Italian. Why not market it as Croatian? That would be unique. They also need to change the signage and outside tables because unless you walk past it you don't know it's there - maybe some flags? There is a lot of potential passing trade nearby that need hooking in so it needs to be more eyecatching from the side view.

The units round the cathedral front seem a bit of a wasted opportunity really. That should really be a nice people-friendly space with cafes and stuff like other good quality public spaces in the city. But at the moment it's awful.

Archived