Need some ideas for a golden wedding anniversary present

I got my parents an evening here.

http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/

They do dining vouchers in your price range and since they have been married 50 years then it'll be they remember steam engines and gaslight rail stations which feature in abundance. I went down just before they took their trip and primed the waiting staff with a bottle of champagne and a few beer tokens to ask them for some extra special service and they did them proud by announcing their anniversary to the carraige and toasting them etc.

I could not afford much when it was my grandparents golden so I bought grandad a gold rose for his buttonhole and grandma a corsage of 3 gold roses. they were thrilled and wore them all day. grandma pressed them when the day was over.

• 7 months later...
dont forget they can get a card from the queen. ring buckingham palace & they tell you what to do. my grandparents were thrilled when they got theirs

Just checked & Buckingham Palace only do it for Diamond wedding anniversaries......shame cos in-laws have their 50th anniversary this year :(

Archived