Government Ministers accused of hating the police

I wonder if relations between the police and the Government have ever been so strained.

A senior police official has told officers that government ministers "hate the police service".

Home Secretary Theresa May was treated to a video at the Police Federation Conference today showing scenes of street clashes over cuts, played on the massive screen behind her, to the sounds of The Kaiser Chief's "I Predict a Riot".

There was also a video link showing PC David Rathband, blinded by Raul Moat, asking if she thought he was paid too much.

Theresa May defended the cuts.

The police are just sore because they will have to cut back on their expensive toys.

Its time they had a reality check they dont need expensive BMW estate cars when mondeos would do the same job!!

It wouldnt be so bad if they were actually interested in solving crime but they are not interested in anyone that hasnt done a couple of mph over the speed limit.

The police are just sore because they will have to cut back on their expensive toys.

Its time they had a reality check they dont need expensive BMW estate cars when mondeos would do the same job!!

It wouldnt be so bad if they were actually interested in solving crime but they are not interested in anyone that hasnt done a couple of mph over the speed limit.

harsh and innaccurate. The majority of the police do a great job but are held back by ridiculous policy and paperwork. I bet if you get burgled, robbed or raped you won't be whining about them having flash cars.

Don't blame the police, blame the government of past and present for imposing stupid policy and regulations which stop basic policing happening.

harsh and innaccurate. The majority of the police do a great job but are held back by ridiculous policy and paperwork. I bet if you get burgled, robbed or raped you won't be whining about them having flash cars.

Don't blame the police, blame the government of past and present for imposing stupid policy and regulations which stop basic policing happening.

I agree! :clap:

Although I do disagree on one point, Mondeos are cheaper than BMWs, my Brother's got one.

A friend of mine used to be an anarchist. He was a supporter of various anti-police groups, black flag etc and had a wide variety of music about cop killers and Harry Roberts.

Unluckily for him he was burgled and having no crime fighting anarchist friends he was forced to call the police. He was a bit embarrassed when they perused his record collection reading out various song titles....."Pigs for slaughter", "Cop Killer" etc etc :hihi:

They probably do like the police. After all this is the personal opinion of one (it seems very bitter) person representing the police federation.

If that is the way he thinks I assume he also thinks that the government hates every doctor, nurse, civil servant, student, council employee, homeowner, public transport passenger or child who also has had to deal with the cuts in some way.

Just ignore in my opinion. He is another one who seems to think money grows on trees.

Archived