New trial for murder of Stephen Lawrence

Two men are to stand trial for the 1993 murder of Stephen Lawrence. One of them was already tried for the murder and aquitted, but can prosecuted again since the change to the "double jeopardy" rules.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13438629

Hope the family can finally get some justice for Stephen.

How will it work given that they were both under 18 at the time, one of them only 16? Will they be tried as adults do you think?

Surely one can not be tried as an adult if one was not an adult when one committed the crime. That system would be open to all sorts of abuse.

that was why I asked the question. I was thinking that if they were minors at the time (see that I didn't put miners) then they would be tried as minors as that is what they were when the offence was committed.

How will it work given that they were both under 18 at the time, one of them only 16? Will they be tried as adults do you think?

surely 16 CAN be classed as an adult??

its not really the same as the bulger killers as they were only 10? which IS a child

personally i cant believe it was 18 years ago, dunt time fly :help:

The authorities will ensure that someone pays, It'll be a bonus if they get the right person/people.

tbh it looks like they might have with the current accused not many people get "fingered" ooh err missus, for the same crime twice

Archived