New trial for murder of Stephen Lawrence

It seems Dobson stood trial in 1996,the double jeopardy revised law came into force in 2005...sticky ground.

I doubt it!

I reckon the massed solicitors and barristers of the UK legal system and CPS have a better grasp of what is legally possible, than some far-right lunatic on the internets. :suspect:

John X

I doubt it!

I reckon the massed solicitors and barristers of the UK legal system and CPS have a better grasp of what is legally possible, than some far-right lunatic on the internets. :suspect:

John X

Like the massed ranks of solicitors, barristers and CPS officials that originally offered the case to a jury and lost ? :suspect:

Like the massed ranks of solicitors, barristers and CPS officials that originally offered the case to a jury and lost ? :suspect:

I seem to recall the Lawrence family had to bring a private prosecution due to the incompetence of the police etc.

Because I know people they admitted it too.

After the trial Norris and Dobson thought they were fireproof and went round bragging to all and sundry how they had 'done the ******' and got away with it.

I don't think there is anyone in South East London black or white, who believes they are innocent.

John X

what did the police say to the people who you knew when they reported it to them ?

You will remember that the CPS took the case over ?

They then dropped it ?

So Gary Dobson hardly faced the "massed ranks of solicitors, barristers and CPS officials" first time round did he?

And David Norris hasn't faced anybody.

what did the police say to the people who you knew when they reported it to them ?

I suspect anyone who did report it was told that there wasn't much that could be done. Most cops in the area are also convinced some, or all of the four are guilty. It is no longer an actively ongoing police inquiry as there are no other suspects in the case.

In fact after the first case the police put out a statement saying that no-one else was being sought for Lawrence's murder.

John X

I suspect anyone who did report it was told that there wasn't much that could be done. Most cops in the area are also convinced some, or all of the four are guilty. It is no longer an actively ongoing police inquiry as there are no other suspects in the case.

In fact after the first case the police put out a statement saying that no-one else was being sought for Lawrence's murder.

John X

Did you poll them? Are you just asserting your own beliefs?

Timothy Evans admitted killing his wife and baby, after they hanged him they found out Christie did it !

Has ANYONE, apart from Norris, Dobson, Acourt and Knight been seriously in the frame for this murder?

John X

Archived