New trial for murder of Stephen Lawrence

I note that Banginman hasn't proffered any reasons yet!:hihi:

Aye Aye have the schools broken up,the kids are back with their schoolyard games,Why dont you grow up and grow a pair, youre just a joke waiting to happen

You really have to stop rattling his cage wednesday :hihi:

Im afraid British law can be a bit of a joke

Birmingham Six, Guildford Four are prime examples of that although I hear that the BNP are the only people left who maintain that they are still guilty! :loopy:

the barrister has already given a large clue to that defence in one of the links posted

You do know that the prosecution has a duty to disclose any evidence they have or intend to use, to the defence? :confused:

John X

Birmingham Six, Guildford Four are prime examples of that although I hear that the BNP are the only people left who maintain that they are still guilty! :loopy:

You do know that the prosecution has a duty to disclose any evidence they have or intend to use, to the defence? :confused:

John X

Thats right and the defence doesnt have to ,I was referring in the link to the solicitors comment that the dna could have been tainted,he was I think implying that the evidence had been stored that long and handled that many times hence the tainted comment.What surprises me is that the two were actually arrested 9 months ago and ,I may be wrong,nothing has been said in public.

Not at all.

I'm quite interested why you, Glamrocker and Streamline are so concerned about the legal welfare of the two accused. If Dobson and Norris were known BNP members/supporters I could understand it, as the political repercussions would be quite serious, but it looks like they were just a couple of racist knobheads who the world would be better off without.

Why the concern?

John X

Unsurprisingly, the BNP website doesn't mention the forthcoming trial at all.

What surprises me is that the two were actually arrested 9 months ago and ,I may be wrong,nothing has been said in public.

Like I've said a number of times now, those involved in the decision to try this case again will have looked long and hard at the new evidence before even thinking about publicly suggesting a re-trial.

Oh and re. the length of time the DNA evidence has been stored...have you never seen Jurassic Park? :confused:

John X

Not at all.

I'm quite interested why you, Glamrocker and Streamline are so concerned about the legal welfare of the two accused. If Dobson and Norris were known BNP members/supporters I could understand it, as the political repercussions would be quite serious, but it looks like they were just a couple of racist knobheads who the world would be better off without.

Why the concern?

John X

Im not disputing that fact but knob heads or not by law they are entitled to a fair trial,sometimes things like this can stick in your throat as totally unfair but thats the law.The Krays used to get off on a regular basis in hindsight that was deplorable but try telling the people of the time in the East End of London that and try telling the family and friends of the two accused they dont deserve a fair trial.The very fact that people like me ,playing devils advocate,are questioning the legality is the very thing that makes British Justice unique and probably the fairest in the world

Archived