No one doubted that he pulled the trigger

And though they could not produce the gun

The DA said he was the one who did the deed

And the all-white jury agreed.

I'm so glad I don't live in your world! :D

John X

I'm so glad I don't live in your world! :D

John X

You seem to have little idea of what you actually post and what you actually read .if you bothered to digest my posts instead of blindly trying to prove racism on my part you would see that in fact Im actually on the side of the badly done to black community in these instances.

So what your saying is that a black youth from the ghettoes who robs a middle/upper class white residence has the same chance in court as a white youth from a higher background....cloud cuckoo land on your part

In a magistrate's court no, but has a much better chance of fairness in Crown court when they are being judged by their peers and not an elderly white, middle-class magistrate.

You also complicate matters by introducing class into the mix.

Hierachy of predudice in a magistrate's course is as follows from most predjudiced to least:

Black working-class

White working-class

Black middle-class

White middle-class

If you remove the racial element from the above, you see that class is the most important factor when looking at fairness in the the UK judicial system.

John X

In a magistrate's court no, but has a much better chance of fairness in Crown court when they are being judged by their peers and not an elderly white, middle-class magistrate.

Hierachy of predudice in a magistrate's course is as follows from most predjudiced to least:

Black working-class

White working-class

Black middle-class

White middle-class

If you remove the racial element from the above, you see that class is the most important factor when looking at fairness in the the UK judicial system.

John X

I accept your apology :D

You obviously know very little how the judicial system in practise,note I said in practise and not in law.

Black working-class

White working-class

Black middle-class

White middle-class

John X

Tell me in all honesty considering the complications and everything else that is ingrained in the English judicial system that it entails lawyers barristers and ultimately judges to spend years at university and afterwards studying the numerous complicated law books before they are able to obtain their silk,how the hell do you expect the average working class joe to understand the ins and outs of the system.

A trial is divided into two parts the defence and the prosecution who usually waffle on for days talking about law which goes straight over the jurys collective heads,In reality though the trial is usually decided firstly on which party gives the most understandable closing speech and more importantly on the judges summing up,usually whichever the judge sums up in favour of the jury accept and find accordingly. Its all part of the game letting the lesser mortals think they have a say in the outcome.

A trial is divided into two parts the defence and the prosecution who usually waffle on for days talking about law which goes straight over the jurys collective heads,In reality though the trial is usually decided firstly on which party gives the most understandable closing speech and more importantly on the judges summing up,usually whichever the judge sums up in favour of the jury accept and find accordingly. Its all part of the game letting the lesser mortals think they have a say in the outcome.

I DO know how it works but I'm not as cynical as you! The system works OK most of the time. I also know a load of people who have done jury service and most of them are quite clued in about what is going on.

I still maintain that a black defendent has a significantly better chance of justice in front of his peers than in front of a magistrate.

John X

Archived