New trial for murder of Stephen Lawrence

If the Prosecution failed first time they shouldn't have been tried again.

Why not? These individuals aren't tried again simply because the prosecution failed the first time.

New evidence has to come to light, and if it does and they're found guilty I don't see what the problem is.

as i stated above coverage of this new trial mentions the **** ups and followup reports which resulted in the aquittel hence a new trial, they MUST think hes guilty to reopen it, especially as new laboratory evidence has come to light alledgedly

so this arguement seems to be about two outcomes

hes guilty and the cops know that

hes innocent but they want somebody for it no matter what

take your bets

tbh i really do think theres more chance of the first option

Its a political move to have ths trial. Its got nothing to do with justice, they just want a scalp for a high profile black murder.

Its a political move to have ths trial. Its got nothing to do with justice, they just want a scalp for a high profile black murder.

as i said...........you took a side from the off then accuse me of doing so when i actually posted we'll see if hes guilty come the trial....hmmmmmmmm

hahahahaha spat the dummy out already

you really really dont think youve taken a side in the debate from the off, id go back and read your previous posts,

Yeah, ill hold my hands up.

Loooking back at my posts it does come across how you say.

Not intentionaly mind, but it does.

Ill pic the dummy back up and give it a wipe.

Back in now, alls well in the world again.

One is presumed innocent pre- conviction, the prosecution are obliged to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant is guilty, the prosecuting authorities go to trial with a 'tight' case when that case fails the defendant has been acquitted and that should be the end of the matter.

Do we constantly re-try until the jury convicts?

Of course you are right BritPat it should not be assumed the accused are guilty until the verdict returned, but it's entirely right that if new evidence (which if available at the previous trial might have proved enough to convict) comes to the fore it should be tested in court.

Of course you are right BritPat it should not be assumed the accused are guilty until the verdict returned, but it's entirely right that if new evidence (which if available at the previous trial might have proved enough to convict) comes to the fore it should be tested in court.

HURRAH

some sense at last

obviously they have some general notion of him being guilty both times, but they DID **** up the first time and he got aquitted, as i said that doesnt mean he was innocent, it means the police and justice system were crap.

but new evidence has alledgedly been found so hopefully we'll find out this time if hes guilty or not.........if they dont balls up again

Archived