New trial for murder of Stephen Lawrence

If the prosecution fails first time it fails !

The defendant in this case has been tried, acquitted despite mass prejudicial publicity and the use of police tactics usually reserved for terrorist/espionage cases e.g the police doing a 'creep' on the defendants home and placing video/audio devices.

We now have another bite of the cherry, the original high profile of the case will be further highlighted by the very fact that this is a SECOND trial following acquittal.

How many goes should the prosecution get?

2? 3? 10?

How many goes? - It depends upon if any significant evidence comes to light, the key word is significant. It shouldn't be done willy-nilly, maybe there should be some judicial protection, but the key factor should be that people should go down for the crimes they commit.

What difference is there with this case and a case where people are freed on appeal? For the record, I too believe that these people shouldn't be judged until they are tried.

so tell me britpat does your theory work on muslim cases?

black people?

Incase you forgot saying this.

i think hes trying to play the race card

No need to thank me :)

Incase you forgot saying this.

No need to thank me :)

yes and i STILL think theres an element of it in britpats post thats why ive changed it around to see if he STILL thinks the same, but tbh i doubt it

so tell me britpat does your theory work on muslim cases?

black people?

how about child abusers? should they get off aswell purely cos the original investigation was botched?

looks to me subconciously youve got a picture of a "nice criminal" somebody "on your side" and thats why your denying there should be a second trial

Have you not bothered to read through the thread fully?

Have you not bothered to read through the thread fully?

yup and im still bamboozled by britpats thought process on the subject

ive even posted as fully as i can explaining the new developments in the case, now dont tell me..........your against this new trial too?

You'll no doubt be relieved BP that 3 wannabe Muslim terrorists originally acquitted of various terrorist offences in 2008, were subsequently returned to court in 2009 and convicted for offences they'd previously been found not guilty of and sent to prison.

http://terroronthetube.co.uk/latest-77-articles-3/muslim-terror-trials-in-the-wake-of-77/

If the Prosecution failed first time they shouldn't have been tried again.

yup and im still bamboozled by britpats thought process on the subject

ive even posted as fully as i can explaining the new developments in the case, now dont tell me..........your against this new trial too?

A summary for you, I know that you are hard of thinking.

How many goes? - It depends upon if any significant evidence comes to light, the key word is significant. It shouldn't be done willy-nilly, maybe there should be some judicial protection, but the key factor should be that people should go down for the crimes they commit.

What difference is there with this case and a case where people are freed on appeal? For the record, I too believe that these people shouldn't be judged until they are tried.

The problem with this is you give the all powerful state with all its resources more and more chance to pin a crime on someone. What chance does an accused have in these circumstances, can they demand retrial after retrial?

No they can't, they have to refer to a state run machine.

Archived