Why do cyclist wear lycra

The government has brough in new legislation forcing cyclists to wear brightly coloured lycra to try and combat the amount of damage caused to motor vehicles by cyclists who blatently ignore the highway code by jumping red lights riding down the side of vehicles in queue`s scratching vehicles as they do so , riding across in front of vehicles without looking and cause accidents.

The government are hoping by forcing cyclists to wear bright lycra they are no longer able to cause accidents .

The governemnt is also looking at introducing other measures aimed at stopping lunatic cyclists damaging vehicles on the roads.

Great idea!Did you realise that they are buying free lycra and funding it by putting more tax on blind drivers.They will force drivers over 55 to undergo health tests.Fat obese drivers will have to walk unless they can return to a safe weight.Drivers with defective vision will have a special windscreen containing bi-focal lenses and obligatory white stcks kept inthe boot in case of break down.At 60 drivers will sit an IQ test and a score of 90 is required :this will force at least 10% off the road and back to school.It willmake all our roads safer.

• 2 weeks later...
a least der wer real bikes. we dint pedal like summit gon wrong an get no wer. werin summit . a wunt be seen deadin. an wer do ya keep ya drippin butty, an ya pop. then:loopy:

Why are you typing like that? To annoy people? Or did you go to a special school?

Although I've just bet my house your from 'tarn'.

Why are you typing like that? To annoy people? Or did you go to a special school?

Although I've just bet my house your from 'tarn'.

keep thi hair on owd lad .i dunt wont tha lycra its ta big fa mi .never went ta scool . but ive a car . that is worth mor than thee an 3 lycrashops.so get on thee bike .owld lad. an draw thi dole . yurs ex scrap man.

It always amuses me when I overtake some helmeted lycra clone on a carbon fibre racer on my fat tyred 30Kg mountain bike with a ciggy going.

I'm not so great on uphills or the flat though.

The government has brough in new legislation forcing cyclists to wear brightly coloured lycra to try and combat the amount of damage caused to motor vehicles by cyclists who blatently ignore the highway code by jumping red lights riding down the side of vehicles in queue`s scratching vehicles as they do so , riding across in front of vehicles without looking and cause accidents.

The government are hoping by forcing cyclists to wear bright lycra they are no longer able to cause accidents .

The governemnt is also looking at introducing other measures aimed at stopping lunatic cyclists damaging vehicles on the roads.

It is these kind of retarded comments that fuels the anti-cyclist furore. What really gets my goat is that the worst that can happen to a car is a scratch and for a cyclist? Physical harm or even death. I both drive and ride so I've got a challenge for you, you opinionated (Er, better not), try cycling a few times and see who is actually the danger on the roads. Try cycling a mile in my shorts.

Just because you have a computer and can type, doesn't mean you have anything worthwhile to say.

Archived