Forum friends you lose touch with

If that's so, mere correspondents on a website aren't "friends" (unless personally known otherwise).

And you have to bear in mind that an awful lot of people on SF know each other in real life too, including people who they knew before they registered AND people they met as a result of talking online.

I've got friends on the forum that I've known in real life for almost a quarter of a century, I mourned the loss of a fabulous loving boyfriend who was met as a result of a singles thread on the forum, and I met my current partner as a result of a forum party.

I would say that I've met well in excess of 200 forum users in real life and, whilst the vast majority of them are acquaintances rather than friends, I know most of them better as a result of talking on the forum than I ever did when going out for the evening with them.

We are not allowed to mention folk that are not able to post, for whatever reason, I also wonder what happened to him.

Was he even a real person? Someone suggested he was a syndicate of people all using the same username. Which would explain why he kept replying to himself all the time and repeating himself ad nauseam.

Was he even a real person? Someone suggested he was a syndicate of people all using the same username. Which would explain why he kept replying to himself all the time and repeating himself ad nauseam.

50,000 + posts in 12 months or so was going a bit, to say the least. I never really got involved, but most of his posts were one liners, that didn't say a lot.

And you have to bear in mind that an awful lot of people on SF know each other in real life too, including people who they knew before they registered AND people they met as a result of talking online.

I've got friends on the forum that I've known in real life for almost a quarter of a century, I mourned the loss of a fabulous loving boyfriend who was met as a result of a singles thread on the forum, and I met my current partner as a result of a forum party.

I would say that I've met well in excess of 200 forum users in real life and, whilst the vast majority of them are acquaintances rather than friends, I know most of them better as a result of talking on the forum than I ever did when going out for the evening with them.

Oh yes, Medusa's even met me! But she got over it eventually! :D

Archived