Ken Clarke on rape

It doesn't sit comfortably because I can't abide Clarke, but it's obvious that what he said has been deliberately misrepresented.

I agree with you. I don't mind Ken Clarke essentially, and it all feels like it is being pinned on him to get him to go. Not even a Labour led idea, for The Sun had turned on him today.

He meant to say all rape is serious but some instances are more serious than others in the eyes of the law, but it just came out wrong, think its a bit of an over-reaction if he were to lose his job etc..

As a member of parliament he has picked the wrong subject to talk about on air, the press will not let it go and they will drive him out of his job,just think that fool once stood to be prime minster at one time,maybe the laws on rape do need looking at I don't Know,but to come on the radio and say them things he did about it was a very foolish thing to do, and he has upset a lot of people,I can not see any way back for him at the moment, I think his creditability as a member of parliament has gone so I think he should fall on his sword as they say.

If he were anything other than the justice secretary he would have a better chance, I agree it was a bit dumb to mouth off like that about rape without thinking, hes probably a dead man walking now...

The looney left on this forum, who hate everything Conservative, really have him as the villain of the piece. All he said is that when 16 years old chav Wayne gives 15 years old chavette Chardonnay Mercedes one, after she consented, isn't even comparable with other rapes.

Get off your soap boxes.

Not all the "looney left" disagree with him.

I did, and a very eloquent post, unlike yours I'm afraid. Sorry If that cuts but it was like going from New Scientist to Daily Star without a break.:hihi:

We have to account for a plethora of posters, some actually read the Daily Star. Eloquent or not the meaning was the same, if you want an intelect battle, I suggest that you acquire one. ;)

Archived