Totley in the 50s and 60s

1 minute ago, Dreb48 said:

According to whoever posted the class photos she’s involved in on Totley History Group 

It’s Miss Rappitt 

She wasn’t at the school during my time there 

OK - I was at TCS 1960-66, and the lady lived across from my grandparents on Queen Victoria Road and she and her other half ( guessing husband in those day) had a  caravanette (Bedford CA-based, IIRC), a caravan, and at varying times 'big' Ford saloons for towing said caravan

7 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

OK - I was at TCS 1960-66, and the lady lived across from my grandparents on Queen Victoria Road and she and her other half ( guessing husband in those day) had a  caravanette (Bedford CA-based, IIRC), a caravan, and at varying times 'big' Ford saloons for towing said caravan

Hi RollingJ

I was 18 and leaving my much love Green Oak prefab the year you finished at TCS 

Did you live very locally or in walking distance?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dreb48 said:

Hi RollingJ

On Glover Road, @Dreb48- and it was very much 'walking distance' although we often got a lift from friends parents. Used to enjoy the walking though - it kept us fit. 😀

12 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

On Glover Road, @Dreb48- and it was very much 'walking distance' although we often got a lift from friends parents. Used to enjoy the walking though - it kept us fit. 😀

Probably walked on Glover Rd every other day of my childhood.

Happy to say that being picked up and ferried to and from school hadn’t been invented in those days 😉

I’ve got pictures of our first car outside our house and there isn’t another car to be seen  either up or down our road 

1 minute ago, Dreb48 said:

Probably walked on Glover Rd every other day of my childhood.

Happy to say that being picked up and ferried to and from school hadn’t been invented in those days 😉

I’ve got pictures of our first car outside our house and there isn’t another car to be seen  either up or down our road 

We didn't get a lift that often - only when my mums friend hadn't already got a car full.

20 hours ago, Dreb48 said:

Hi RollingJ

We must have been around at the same time...ish. I started work in'65 and left the Aldam road prefab in '71 ish. My mum moved into a new single person flat on Green Oak Road and I went to live with my sister and brother in law in Coal Aston before I got married. 

1 hour ago, Meltman said:

We must have been around at the same time...ish. I started work in'65 and left the Aldam road prefab in '71 ish. My mum moved into a new single person flat on Green Oak Road and I went to live with my sister and brother in law in Coal Aston before I got married. 

Hi Meltman 

Sort of worked out who you might be.

Your name is familiar to me but I can’t work out why as it must come from my teen years 

2 hours ago, Dreb48 said:

Hi Meltman 

Sort of worked out who you might be.

Your name is familiar to me but I can’t work out why as it must come from my teen years 

Who do you think I am? I'm intreged now.