Is there a bonfire in endcliffe park?

eyes

Doubt it. When I was a Ranger working in Endcliffe Park the council policy was to stop these local events and move resources, including staff, into getting the public to go to their large organised events such as After Dark and Fright Night. More money in this, unlike a free bonfire, plus reduced Health and Safety costs - imagine if they allowed a bonfire in every park or greenspace in Sheffield-they would have to provide staff to marshall the event and would leave themselves open to claims if anyone got injured.

Pity though!

Oh wow yes that used to be cool. It was ALWAYS a total mudpit but very happy event. They used the have the most enormous bonfires as well.......it is missed, dont like the BIG one they have as it loses all its intimacy and meaning.....

another daft Council Policy to CENTRALISE everything and remove services which are area based.....crazy

Nope - I'm afraid there isn't one. I wish there was! :(

I used to like watching the bonfire being built up the week before.

I'm still looking for somewhere around here that's doing a bonfire / fireworks.

We went to After Dark last year and although the fireworks were fantastic it's a long way to traipse and I'm not too bothered about seeing the latest boy/girl band or the funfair.

May just have to be a few bangs :o in the back garden, not quite the same, I know. :D

The bonfire in Endcliffe Park was always a fantastic night out and it is a real shame that they dont do it anymore. Now if you want to go to a decent organised event, you have to pay god nows how much to go the one at Don Valley. What a shame:loopy:

Originally posted by jacq

The bonfire in Chelsea Park is always really good and well-organised by the local scout group. It's on Saturday with the bonfire being lit at 6:30 and fireworks at 6:45. Well worth a visit

Hi jacq - do you know if you need tickets for this or can you just turn up?

I agree beebo, I wish they would bring it back to the local parks but unfortunately can't see it ever happening.

Archived