Is SF a playground for conspiracy theorists?

There seems to be loads of threads on here lately regarding some sort of conspiracy. Now don't get me wrong I like variety but the arguments are just dumb.

Someone puts out a theory, others ask for proof and it isn't provided.

Someone provides theorist with the evidence but the theorist still won't accept it as it's just propaganda by the New World Order.

Then there's the old and I quote "Rational arguments as have been given, no proof, no believe, sorry." argument. This was given to me earlier because the proof I gave was not the proof they were looking for. Even though the proof they were looking for is one of those unprovable negative thingys. Like hearing prove to me god doesn't exist arguments that religious people often come out with.

Anyway, that's it. These threads seem pointless.

And I think I may have just started my very own conspiracy thread by asking the question. Bugger.

There seems to be loads of threads on here lately regarding some sort of conspiracy. Now don't get me wrong I like variety but the arguments are just dumb.

Someone puts out a theory, others ask for proof and it isn't provided.

Someone provides theorist with the evidence but the theorist still won't accept it as it's just propaganda by the New World Order.

Then there's the old and I quote "Rational arguments as have been given, no proof, no believe, sorry." argument. This was given to me earlier because the proof I gave was not the proof they were looking for. Even though the proof they were looking for is one of those unprovable negative thingys. Like hearing prove to me god doesn't exist arguments that religious people often come out with.

Anyway, that's it. These threads seem pointless.

And I think I may have just started my very own conspiracy thread by asking the question. Bugger.

Wheres your proof that these conspiracies are not true???

Wheres your proof that these conspiracies are not true???

Oh dear god. You even bring your agenda on to the very thread complaining about you.

Here's a hint. Apart from a (very) few, no one cares. Most people have far better to do with their lives than become obsessed with issues that are almost certainly nonsense, and even if they are true, have absolutely no bearing on their lives whatsoever.

Oh dear god. You even bring your agenda on to the very thread complaining about you.

Here's a hint. Apart from a (very) few, no one cares. Most people have far better to do with their lives than become obsessed with issues that are almost certainly nonsense, and even if they are true, have absolutely no bearing on their lives whatsoever.

It's not about dabuckle personally. I thought he/she was joking.

I liked the ones that said bin liner wasnt dead but when it turned out he was unarmed THAT bit was true. My favourite are the 911 ones though - despite it happening live in two major US cities they're are still up for debate. If you want a laugh get them on the subject of Nostradamus. Hours of fun.

Archived