5 Month old daughter injured by tesco!!

Hi every1, need a bit of help with this..........

First let me explain what happened....

I was pushing my 5 month old daughter in her push chair, she was sat up in it... we went into tesco at 3.20pm yesterday with my partner, we walked through the main doors then through the waist high double security barriers when the barrier half opened and then slammed back and hit my daughter above her left eye, she immediately started really crying and screaming which she would.

We checked her over and while doing this the security guard came over as he was right next to the barrier and asked is she was ok, i said "does she look ok and at this point the lump,redness and bruising was coming up already, i said the barrier is faulty and hes said yes he knows as he has reported it 5 times in three months!!!!!, there where no warning stickers or anything!!!

I then went over to customer services and called assistant manager who put it all down in accident report book and checked cctv, which u could see it happening in all its horribleness.

We then left tesco with daisy still crying and went to her gp, he checked her over and then said we should just keep an eye on her and if anything changes then ring the emergency doctor, at this point it was 4pm.

We got home shortly after where daisy was asleep so we lay her on our bed for a while and kept cheking her every 10 mins or so.

She wake up about 6pm severely sick, would not eat but kept trying her but for the next few hours she was projectile vomiting and still would not eat and her crying was getting really bad.

I rang the emergency doctor at 8.30pm who sent a paramedic out who checked her over and then rang an ambulance because of her head injury and the vomiting, we got to a&e at chesterfield royal at 9.30pm, they checked her over and then came the worst news for us ever, they said that she would be best having a CT scan but with the amount of radiation involved and with how young she is there is a very high risk of brain damage but they will not be able to tell this till later on in her life when she gets to about 4 or 5!! our hearts sank at this point and the tears where rolling and we just held onto her, how can tesco let this happen!!!

We spoke to the doctor a bit more and he said it is in our best interest to have it done so we went ahead and i stood with her while they took the scan.

it was heart wrenching.........

After results came back it was all clear apart from a small black area where a little bruising was on her skull but it is nothing to worry about as her skull is still forming and will heal quickly.

They kept her in till 11 this morning while we stayed by her side and just observed her. she as then released with a follow up in a month...........

Pheeeeeeeeeeeeewwww..

So thats my story.

Now what should i do?????

I want to claim and sue but have neva done this before and let me make a point that I DO NOT want to do this for the money, yes its nice to get some compo but i wanna get this done so it does not happen to any1 else or daisy again!!!!

Daisy is doing well but like i say we will no more in the future.

Where just glad she is home and ok....

Any help would be great.

Thank you.

people have done that already, 1 of my freinds had it happen to her 3 weeks ago and it is still not fixed!!! the legal action can take around 4 months, how many more will it happen to in that time???

If you are not in it for the money then i wouldnt sue as it will achieve nothing. But if you do decide to sue and from her injury and suffering she has recieved, my friend who does this for a living reckons you will get around £30k as tesco will not contest and will settle out of court.

If you are not in it for the money then i wouldnt sue as it will achieve nothing. But if you do decide to sue and from her injury and suffering she has recieved, my friend who does this for a living reckons you will get around £30k as tesco will not contest and will settle out of court.

:shocked:Drags my kid out of bed. Which Tesco was it Mattoo?

Don't doubt this happened but the bump looked a lot less than I was expecting. I do wonder what the reaction of a parent would have been 50 years ago or even 30 years ago. These days I hear about parents putting padding on the corners of tables.

we did, we got half way through then it shut on her!!!!! we dint walk into it! what should we do, not walk through?? its the only way to get in!!!

If that's the case and Tesco knew of the problem then I would think you certainly have a case.

As a responsible person I would advise against putting your child on a public forum as you are more likely to get flack for that alone.

Archived