5 Month old daughter injured by tesco!!

, i said the barrier is faulty and hes said yes he knows as he has reported it 5 times in three months!!!!!, there where no warning stickers or anything!!!

fgs they're not faulty. Have you never been to the supermarket and walked through those barriers as they're already open because somebody just walked through 10ft in front, and just as you go through, they close? I always put my hand out in expectation of it happening. I'd have thought any regular visitor to a supermarket would be used to it.

I'm just quoting what has been quoted.

The whole pointis i do not how to make a claim??????? or who to try????

I dont want sympathy!!!! I want justice!!

And i will get as defensive as i like, thats my daghter at the end of the day!!!!!!

Then if you want justice you have an odd way of going about it - suing won't get you justice.

If you want to make sure it won't happen egain then you want to report the incident in writing first of all to the Tesco manager of the store and copy it to Head Office. If that doesn't resolve matters then you report it to the HSE.

Note that Tesco are not under any obligation yet to report it to the HSE as it's not reportable. It will become reportable when you tell them in your letter that you stayed in hospital over 24 hours and the accident becomes reportable under RIDDOR.

I once bought some carton soup from Tesco and ended up with a lump of hard green rubber in my mouth which knocked a filling out. I reported it and they ended up tracking down the bump stop on the packaging line that it had split off in New Zealand. They went out with the said lump and physically matched it up. Nice letter saying sorry, they've done this and found the problem, changed procedures. I never asked nor expected "compo" but I did get a fistful of vouchers anyway. You don't rectify a mistake by someone by seeking compo, as they will immediatly peg you as a money grasper and go into damage limitation mode and nothing will be done.

If you try and sue for anything, Tesco will say - the barrier is automated, no-one will expect it to work perfectly and that's tough luck.

And you will lose in court as well and look foolish.

Look mattoo, basically your looking for support for a compo claim, right.

You don't need it, unless your conscience is telling you your making a mountain out of a mole hill. :suspect:

Just for a laugh ok, tell me how much damage your kid suffered, 3 grand, 15 grand, 20 grand. ???

God i hate this claim culture we've adopted from the good old usa, is there no such thing as an accident anymore. ? :rant:

Even if they were faulty. Have you never been to the supermarket and walked through those barriers as they're already open because somebody just walked through 10ft in front, and just as you go through, they close?

Personally I've never had a prob with barriers. At 30k I now wish I had. :D

Look mattoo, basically your looking for support for a compo claim, right.

You don't need it, unless your conscience is telling you your making a mountain out of a mole hill. :suspect:

Just for a laugh ok, tell me how much damage your kid suffered, 3 grand, 15 grand, 20 grand. ???

God i hate this claim culture we've adopted from the good old usa, is there no such thing as an accident anymore. ? :rant:

No money can be put on our childs life!!!! I guess from ur comment u could on urs???? 50p and a bag of crisps perhaps??? :suspect:

Archived