Facebook is it time for me to move on?

I find these threads a bit weird. You wouldn't start a thread saying how you've got bored of email would you?

If you've got 240 'friends' but would only keep contact details for 3 then you've misunderstood what 'friend' means.

Personally I find it pretty useful for sharing photos, organising evenings out, dinner parties and trips to the cinema, I find it a way to see what my friends have been doing without having to phone them up and ask them (which in itself would be weird).

Use it or don't, but I don't see the need to start a thread about how you don't want to use it.

I find these threads a bit weird. You wouldn't start a thread saying how you've got bored of email would you?

If you've got 240 'friends' but would only keep contact details for 3 then you've misunderstood what 'friend' means.

Personally I find it pretty useful for sharing photos, organising evenings out, dinner parties and trips to the cinema, I find it a way to see what my friends have been doing without having to phone them up and ask them (which in itself would be weird).

Use it or don't, but I don't see the need to start a thread about how you don't want to use it.

Agreed, but for some people it's "cool" to be alternative and claim they think it's rubbish for no reason at all.

Let those people wallow in the mires of yesterdays technology, while the rest of us move forwards together, like a raging army of advancing warriors through the battlefield of evolution.

Let those people wallow in the mires of yesterdays technology, while the rest of us move forwards together, like a raging army of advancing warriors through the battlefield of evolution.

Errrrm

A lil bit pretentious?

I found it invaluable during the Japan earthquakes to find out that my son was ok. Their landlines were down, but he was able to get on facebook through his mobile. Because I have been "befriended" by a few of his dojo friends, there was always someone that would answer a query from me as to his wellbeing, with a mention that he was ok, cos they'd just seen him or heard from him.

As laineyiow says, used correctly, it is a really good tool.

Amusing though.

It's interesting, my parents don't see the point of facebook, my gran doesn't see the point of email. Maybe it's a generational thing, although the OP is younger than me... Maybe he just doesn't have many real friends.

I found it invaluable during the Japan earthquakes to find out that my son was ok. Their landlines were down, but he was able to get on facebook through his mobile. Because I have been "befriended" by a few of his dojo friends, there was always someone that would answer a query from me as to his wellbeing, with a mention that he was ok, cos they'd just seen him or heard from him.

As laineyiow says, used correctly, it is a really good tool.

Thank goodness for FB Joan, when you were waiting for news.

Archived