Degrees of rape - The poll

Does rape come in degrees?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Does rape come in degrees?

• Yes - Lots of types - some worse than others
    • No - It's all equally bad
    • I have no idea

It's nice to see the thread reopened.

I hope they'll be no more suggestions forum members are into messing with kids.

I've been known to be slightly less than polite on occasion but that's one past what I'd post about anyone without firm evidence.

As one cretinous poster pointed out, I mentioned under age sex in the OP but that's a statement of fact, not a guess from almost no evidence.

The girl concerned used to brag about her conquests in the local chippy and the man concerned used to brag how good she was and what she liked to do to him.

Hardly flimsy.

However, as Clarke should have done, I claim there are levels of rape and, furthermore, claim the word "Rape" is way overused to suit political ideals by militants of a given sexual orientation.

I recall some extremist lesbian on TV some while ago talking about how a young lass was raped almost every weekend. I'll agree there are some real dogs out there that would rape a lass but every weekend?

Just doesn't work. Turns out the lass in question was escaping from a children's home and selling herself. (A good interviewer got that out of the interviewee)

Of course it's well out of order but it's a lesser crime than the same man grabbing a lass of the same age and smacking her around in order to rape her.

It's nice to see the thread reopened.

I hope they'll be no more suggestions forum members are into messing with kids.

I've been known to be slightly less than polite on occasion but that's one past what I'd post about anyone without firm evidence.

As one cretinous poster pointed out, I mentioned under age sex in the OP but that's a statement of fact, not a guess from almost no evidence.

The girl concerned used to brag about her conquests in the local chippy and the man concerned used to brag how good she was and what she liked to do to him.

Hardly flimsy.

However, as Clarke should have done, I claim there are levels of rape and, furthermore, claim the word "Rape" is way overused to suit political ideals by militants of a given sexual orientation.

I recall some extremist lesbian on TV some while ago talking about how a young lass was raped almost every weekend. I'll agree there are some real dogs out there that would rape a lass but every weekend?

Just doesn't work. Turns out the lass in question was escaping from a children's home and selling herself. (A good interviewer got that out of the interviewee)

Of course it's well out of order but it's a lesser crime than the same man grabbing a lass of the same age and smacking her around in order to rape her.

Do you have a low opinion of women?

Really sad post upinwath. The 'lass escaping from a children's home and selling herself' was as much a victim as the girl being grabbed, smacked around and raped.

Any child involved in prostitution is unable to 'consent' to sex because her cognitive faculties are still juvenile, she's unable to process the relevant information that a fully formed adult would in order to establish whether such encounters would be beneficial emotionally-so in my opinion she's being raped just as the other girl is and the man involved should be charged accordingly.

HOWEVER-in the second example the assault is aggravated by the other features of the offence you mention and the sentence would reflect that.

Do you have a low opinion of women?

Why would you ask that?

I dislike extremists of all types including extremist feminists. That doesn't translate to a hatred of women unless you're too thick to think of a real argument.

Why would you ask that?

I dislike extremists of all types including extremist feminists. That doesn't translate to a hatred of women unless you're too thick to think of a real argument.

Oh, just a few comments I have picked up on, which give me that impression. Not just on this thread either :suspect:

Really sad post upinwath. The 'lass escaping from a children's home and selling herself' was as much a victim as the girl being grabbed, smacked around and raped.

Crap.

There are several lasses in my school that, with a bit of make up and the right clothes, could easily pass for far older.

One 11 year old could easily pass for 18 if the above conditions were met.

I thought she was 14 or 15 when I first saw her and that was while she was wearing school uniform.

Even ignoring the possibility the girl in question looked older, it's still not as bad as a girl being forced by violence.

I'm not arguing it's right for a man to have sex with a young lass, it's clearly not, but I am arguing it's worse to beat a lass up and rape her.

Thus - there are degrees of rape.

I think the laws should be there to protect men and women. Its like the laws on domestic abuse, there are many cases of abouse towards men that simply do not get reported, like there are many rapes that go unreported by women..its people that cry rape to get attention or extort money that are giving those that are really raped / abused a hard time getting justice.

Oh, just a few comments I have picked up on, which give me that impression. Not just on this thread either :suspect:

I've mention women that find it hard to keep their knickers on or get drunk/drugged up and bonk the first bloke who buys them a beer.

I've been pretty clear I see them as slappers but how does that translate to a hatred of women?

It displays a dislike of tarts but nothing else.

Anything else is in your vivid imagination.

Crap.

There are several lasses in my school that, with a bit of make up and the right clothes, could easily pass for far older.

One 11 year old could easily pass for 18 if the above conditions were met.

I thought she was 14 or 15 when I first saw her and that was while she was wearing school uniform.

Even ignoring the possibility the girl in question looked older, it's still not as bad as a girl being forced by violence.

I'm not arguing it's right for a man to have sex with a young lass, it's clearly not, but I am arguing it's worse to beat a lass up and rape her.

Thus - there are degrees of rape.

In your opinion, of course. In the eyes of the law - not.

I've mention women that find it hard to keep their knickers on or get drunk/drugged up and bonk the first bloke who buys them a beer.

I've been pretty clear I see them as slappers but how does that translate to a hatred of women?

It displays a dislike of tarts but nothing else.

Anything else is in your vivid imagination.

I think the language you use tells it's own story :)

Archived