Degrees of rape - The poll

Does rape come in degrees?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Does rape come in degrees?

• Yes - Lots of types - some worse than others
    • No - It's all equally bad
    • I have no idea

By the way, there can't be varying degrees of consent, it's either 'yes' or 'no'-there's nothing pedantic about that.

What I tell my kids is consent means someone saying "I'd like to have sex with you" (no problermo) or implied consent is her dragging you back to her house, throwing herself on the bed in the nuddie, and inviting you to join her with her legs akimbo..failing either scenario-ASK, it's hardly rocket science.

I didnt say consent there if you are going to be careful about language please do this consistently. You are pedantic when it helps you out but happy to misquote all over the place.

I disagree, you are creating an argument when there isn't one!

You know the poll means that some rape is worse than other rapes due to the situation surrounding it but you are arguing that there aren't different degrees of rape but there are mitigating factors. The mitigating factors are exactly what everyone else is saying is a factor that distinguishes one rape from another.

Sexual assaults which include unlawful sex differ in circumstances, but rape only refers to penetrative sex without consent, not the circumstances of it.

I am with BF here, in discussions where there is such a lack of clarity and understanding about terms used, and what you may mean rather than how it is interpretted it is vital to be clear.

I think nearly everyone understands the poll including bf!

I didnt say consent there if you are going to be careful about language please do this consistently. You are pedantic when it helps you out but happy to misquote all over the place.

Thanks, I'll be more careful in future.

Sexual assaults which include unlawful sex differ in circumstances, but rape only refers to penetrative sex without consent, not the circumstances of it.

but some rapes are worse than others and should be punished differently due to the way it is carried out. You agree with this. That as you well know is what other people are saying why not just agree:hihi:

I am with BF here, in discussions where there is such a lack of clarity and understanding about terms used, and what you may mean rather than how it is interpretted it is vital to be clear.

I agree, it's essential to be clear, otherwise a legion of men will end up being inappropriate with women and not only face prosecution, but also be responsible for emotionally damaging her and have an irate father/brother/mother/sister on their tail too.

It's quite simple-the message to guys is if you have sex with a woman, without her consent, you could find yourself a convicted rapist..you don't have to put on a balaclava mask and beat her senseless first to achieve that status.

but some rapes are worse than others and should be punished differently due to the way it is carried out. You agree with this. That as you well know is what other people are saying why not just agree:hihi:

Rape is a man sticking his dick inside a woman (or a man) without them agreeing to it-what part of that don't you understand?

I agree, it's essential to be clear, otherwise a legion of men will end up being inappropriate with women and not only face prosecution, but also be responsible for emotionally damaging her and have an irate father/brother/mother/sister on their tail too.

It's quite simple-the message to guys is if you have sex with a woman, without her consent, you could find yourself a convicted rapist..you don't have to put on a balaclava mask and beat her senseless first to achieve that status.

you could be clear by explaining the wording rather than disagreeing with the opinion. But then you actually just want to argue don't you so it wouldn't achieve your objective.

Rape is a man sticking his dick inside a woman (or a man) without them agreeing to it-what part of that don't you understand?

none of it it is very very easy. I don't think anyone had a problem with it, again why are you trying to enlighten us to something so obvious?

one thing should be part of the rape laws and that is when a woman accuses a man of rape and it is proven he didn't the woman should be charged and given the same sentence the man would have had to serve as her punishment.

Archived