Degrees of rape - The poll

Does rape come in degrees?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Does rape come in degrees?

• Yes - Lots of types - some worse than others
    • No - It's all equally bad
    • I have no idea

No one in their right mind in this country you mean. Different countries are brought up on different morals. No one is to say whose is right.

true, true. should have qualified that.

it's no longer common practice back where i come from but there a few Christian sect who promote polygamy and marrying kids as young as five ( a little more complex than it sounds) and i think it's the same too in many countries i.e-almost every country in the land has a law forbidding 'marriage' or sex with 'children'.

true, true. should have qualified that.

it's no longer common practice back where i come from .

But it was common practice and that is the difference between breaking the law of the day and not breaking the law of today.

I would be interested to know, how many people who voted that rape has varying degrees, have actually been raped?
How many people who want the return of hanging have been murdered or had a friend or relative murdered?

No i guess not, but i would imagine most victims of this crime would say rape is rape, and the circumstances dont make it less of a traumatic event..

That's because those people will be thinking on an emotional level rather than using rational thought.

Archived