Degrees of rape - The poll

Does rape come in degrees?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Does rape come in degrees?

• Yes - Lots of types - some worse than others
    • No - It's all equally bad
    • I have no idea

Thats not my point, people who are voting may have had no dealing with this terrible crime and have no idea of the effects it has, but its the victims who would be the ones who could really tell you if there are varying degrees

That's because those people will be thinking on an emotional level rather than using rational thought.

I also think that the name of the accuser should be published if they're going to publish the name of the accused.

Thats not my point, people who are voting may have had no dealing with this terrible crime and have no idea of the effects it has, but its the victims who would be the ones who could really tell you if there are varying degrees

You don't have to experience something to have an opinion on how terrible it can be.

Going by that logic, you would have to have been raped several times to tell if there are varying degrees, as being raped once wont give you the data you need as you have nothing to compare it with.

So are you saying that a female who gets stupidly drunk and allows an equaly drunk male to have sex with her but later cries rape has suffered as much as a female (child or adult) who is attacked, dragged on to waste land, beaten in the process and then raped?

this being a forum we all can put our two pence's worth in.

i voted for varying degrees but have since revised my standing.

the devastation, self blame etc is the same be it a drunk-didn't-say-no type or knife-to-the throat type. there are 'extra' things done 'GBH, Kidnapping, Drugging etc but the base crime is sex that wasn't supposed to happen does.

You don't have to experience something to have an opinion on how terrible it can be.

Going by that logic, you would have to have been raped several times to tell if there are varying degrees, as being raped once wont give you the data you need as you have nothing to compare it with.

Or murdered several times by different methods.

this being a forum we all can put our two pence's worth in.

i voted for varying degrees but have since revised my standing.

the devastation, self blame etc is the same be it a drunk-didn't-say-no type or knife-to-the throat type. there are 'extra' things done 'GBH, Kidnapping, Drugging etc but the base crime is sex that wasn't supposed to happen does.

Many people can't remember fully what happened whilst they're drunk, whether they said yes or no.

Archived