Degrees of rape - The poll

Does rape come in degrees?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Does rape come in degrees?

• Yes - Lots of types - some worse than others
    • No - It's all equally bad
    • I have no idea

From a purely definitive point of view I agree, rape is rape, just like kidnap is kidnap, but each rape case should be taken on it's individual circumstances.

Just like if someone was kidnapped, but then released within 10 minutes, I would expect the criminal to be given more leniancy than someone who kidnapped someone but kept them for 10 days. What they have actually endured needs to be taken into account.

So in effect what you are saying is that if the perp rapes with tenderness rather than aggression from his own deluded perspective the courts should be more lenient? You can't just change the law on the act of rape BECAUSE of circumstantial evidence. You can apply different laws and sentencing to the relevance surrounding the act, otherwise rape loses its definition.

So in effect what you are saying is that if the perp rapes with tenderness rather than aggression from his own deluded perspective the courts should be more lenient? You can't just change the law on the act of rape BECAUSE of circumstantial evidence. You can apply different laws and sentencing to the relevance surrounding the act, otherwise rape loses its definition.

I wasn't really referring to aggression, but I get what you're saying. Rape can still have it's definition, that won't change, just like kidnapping has a definition, just like stealing has a definition, but they still have varying degrees.

I wasn't really referring to aggression, but I get what you're saying. Rape can still have it's definition, that won't change, just like kidnapping has a definition, just like stealing has a definition, but they still have varying degrees.

Rape has no varying degrees. e.g. It doesn't mention children as opposed to adults, it doesn't mention varying degrees. In fact it's crystal clear in its definition.

Any other circumstance should be looked at in separation and dealt with accordingly and if need be harshly.

the definition of rape is "A intentionally penetrates the v*****, a*** or mouth of B (the complainant) with his p*****;

_ B does not consent to the penetration; and,

_ A does not reasonably believe that B consents."

we are not talking about the other actions that happen during the rape,

if consent isnt given/or the person isnt in a position to give consent (underage, drunk) that it is rape.

If the alleged raped person was drunk or high on drugs (or both) at the time that consented intercourse took place but to save face cried rape later how does anyone know beyond reasonable doubt that rape tooked place?

Agreed but "ronthenerd" seems to think that someone who steals your wifes knickers off the clothes line is just as bad as the 'Great Train Robbers'were.

Whereas some crimes of theft are classed as petty crimes and others robbery with violence, rape according to some is an all encompassing charge though.

I like the majority of voters on this thread think that there are varying degrees of rape which should be defined in the charges brought.

Indeed. Yet rape is often cried in these situations.
And that is my point, you can say things when you're drunk and still be held responsible for your actions, being drunk is no excuse or get out for the consequnces that may arise through being drunk.

If the alleged raped person was drunk or high on drugs (or both) at the time that consented intercourse took place but to save face cried rape later how does anyone know beyond reasonable doubt that rape tooked place?

Because as an individual you take on a responsibility for your own actions. Do you generally have sex with woman who are so inebriated or high on drugs? Maybe for some that's the only way they can get their rocks off. It's the same with children, they may allow you, they may even give you permission, but would you? It's about not only making decisions for yourself but decisions for others when the need arises.

Dangerously you use this phrase "Exactly but that is what most women claim later".

Rubbish, you just added that to justify lumping in most cases which have serious grounds for concern and somehow justifying rape as 'some is better than others innit'.

My guess is most victims have legitimacy , if not evidence will soon prove to the contrary.

Agreed but "ronthenerd" seems to think that someone who steals your wifes knickers off the clothes line is just as bad as the 'Great Train Robbers'were.

Whereas some crimes of theft are classed as petty crimes and others robbery with violence, rape according to some is an all encompassing charge though.

I like the majority of voters on this thread think that there are varying degrees of rape which should be defined in the charges brought.

I vote this one of your most stupid of statements.

It's you who's encompassing rape and associated crimes as one.

There is no varying "degree" of rape other than the definition set out in rape law, not laws you wish to pluck out of thin air and make up as you go along.

Rubbish, you just added that to justify lumping in most cases which have serious grounds for concern and somehow justifying rape as 'some is better than others innit'.

My guess is most victims have legitimacy , if not evidence will soon prove to the contrary.

Your "guess" as per usual typical of the 'Witchfinder mentality, what I sugest is that you join 'Truthlogics' conspiricy theorists.

You're totaly out of touch with reality and balanced debate, no doubt at one time there was someone like you who wanted child executions and transportations kept in the punishment system.

Your "guess" as per usual typical of the 'Witchfinder mentality, what I sugest is that you join 'Truthlogics' conspiricy theorists.

You're totaly out of touch with reality and balanced debate, no doubt at one time there was someone like you who wanted child executions and transportations kept in the punishment system.

So, did you guess this this little ditty or just pluck it from thin air? "Exactly but that is what most women claim later". Guesswork was it? Or do you have figures?

Yep, the courts are inundated with women crying false rape. In fact the system is about to collapse. No wonder women are scared ****less with your knuckle dragging attitude to women.

Bassman, "Balanced" is a concept you have no comprehension of.

IMO I think you are mentally ill.

Archived