Degrees of rape - The poll

Does rape come in degrees?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Does rape come in degrees?

• Yes - Lots of types - some worse than others
    • No - It's all equally bad
    • I have no idea

I still find it incredible that anyone would think all acts of rape are the same...

That's because all "acts" of rape are not the same. If a woman is raped and her jewellery and purse stolen then she has been raped AND her belongings removed. They weren't stolen because she was raped, they were stolen because he committed an additional crime, as with any other committed or not at the time.

Bassmans argument is that if the separate crime to rape is more or less heinous (lots of types) it makes the rape crime more or less by association (degrees), as demonstrated by his vote. All crimes have to be judged on individual merit and not lumped together.

You cannot enter a woman or man with your penis any differently to another woman or man, regardless of any other crime committed, you either do or you do not. It's clinical but simple.

Rape law is not interested in bassmans moronic analogies to deflect from fact. He thinks he's clever but the result is tedious.

Degrees of rape-Poll:

Degrees of rape? - Yes lots of types- some worse than others. Wrong, the circumstances additional to rape could be deemed more or less worse, as rape is a separate and individual crime in itself.

Degrees of rape? - No- it's equally as bad. Correct. There is no definition of rape as unequal.

Let me get this straight...

Female A goes out, has a nice time and meets a new man. They enjoy the evening. Drink copious amounts of alcohol and end up in bed. The next morning she is horrified and ashamed at sleeping with a munter who looked perfectly fine when she had her beer goggles on. Decides she was raped and calls the police.

Female B goes out, Has a nice time but unfortunately her drink is spiked by a gang of 4 sadistic pondlife. She is taken to a property where she is beaten to a pulp, raped over and over by all 4 men in every possible way over the period of 12 hours before being dumped in a gutter.

Any one of you that says both of these cases are the same are deluded. Also, don't even try giving it any of this "female B was subjected to different crimes than rape". That is just bull and you know it. It was all part of the ordeal.

I think the poll results speak for themselves.

Although I do agree with you, 0742, when it comes to giving examples, I think it's best to leave out the violence and what not, because those who disagree will always pick up on it and say that the violence is not part of the rape itself, it is an added crime, before then going on to tell you that rape is rape and it's all the same.

Although I do agree with you, 0742, when it comes to giving examples, I think it's best to leave out the violence and what not, because those who disagree will always pick up on it and say that the violence is not part of the rape itself, it is an added crime, before then going on to tell you that rape is rape and it's all the same.

I know Spyda but the violence is part of the ordeal and that is exactly what rape is, an ordeal. The they want to live in a fantasy world where they can simply deny it then so be it but i will never agree with any of them.

Lets just prey a female B case never arises with any of them on the jury :|

Where have I been asked to provide "Legal Brief"? Pleas quote.

You don't have to be a law expert to know if a law is good or bad, no doubt you would be one of those in the past who said nobody other than a legal bigwig should challenge deportation or the execution of children and petty thieves.

Thank goodness there are posters here who voted sensibly.

Typical rebuttal. Absolutely stumped and cornered. I'll switch the headlights off - you can make your escape now.:hihi:

I'm not challenging any law, you are. In fact there has been no question on challenging any law.:loopy:

Originally Posted by Bassman62

Where have I been asked to provide "Legal Brief"? Pleas quote.

You don't have to be a law expert to know if a law is good or bad, no doubt you would be one of those in the past who said nobody other than a legal bigwig should challenge deportation or the execution of children and petty thieves.

Thank goodness there are posters here who voted sensibly.

And the best ronthenerd can come up with is the following:-

Typical rebuttal. Absolutely stumped and cornered. I'll switch the headlights off - you can make your escape now.:hihi:

I'm not challenging any law, you are. In fact there has been no question on challenging any law.:loopy:

Nobody is challenging the law what we're (the majority) saying is that there are 'Varying degrees of rape'

But you are acting like the nerd you are by becoming offensive to any poster who disagrees with you

Degrees of rape? - Yes lots of types- some worse than others. Wrong, the circumstances additional to rape could be deemed more or less worse, as rape is a separate and individual crime in itself..[/color]

Another load of missinformation

Robbery with violence is a single charge, you don't get charged twice. Robbery with violence it is a separate and complete charge and so is just robbery.

Rape with violence is far more traumatic than straitforeward rape.

To make your argument even dafter, how many charges should be brought against a rapist who repeatedly rapes a woman over a period of hours, does he get a sepatrate charge for each rape, if not why, you said rape is rape so why not a charge for each rape?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bassman62

Where have I been asked to provide "Legal Brief"? Please quote.

Below is a typical example of ronthenekred making a fool of himself when caught out teling porkies

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronthenekred

Please please show me a law which states that rape as an offence is measured in degrees?

I'll leave it with you.

So in actual fact you never said it you're just claiming you said it due to the fact you're a in an ever deepening hole, If I were you I'd stop digging.

Let me get this straight...

Female A goes out, has a nice time and meets a new man. They enjoy the evening. Drink copious amounts of alcohol and end up in bed. The next morning she is horrified and ashamed at sleeping with a munter who looked perfectly fine when she had her beer goggles on. Decides she was raped and calls the police.

Female B goes out, Has a nice time but unfortunately her drink is spiked by a gang of 4 sadistic pondlife. She is taken to a property where she is beaten to a pulp, raped over and over by all 4 men in every possible way over the period of 12 hours before being dumped in a gutter.

Any one of you that says both of these cases are the same are deluded. Also, don't even try giving it any of this "female B was subjected to different crimes than rape". That is just bull and you know it. It was all part of the ordeal.

I think the poll results speak for themselves.

Agree 100%, if rapists adopted Ronthenerds mentality (or lack of it) in the situation where female B found herself the attitude could well be no matter how many times we do it or injure her it is no more serious than a bog standard rape.

Agree 100%, if rapists adopted Ronthenerds mentality (or lack of it) in the situation where female B found herself the attitude could well be no matter how many times we do it or injure her it is no more serious than a bog standard rape.

Spot on, people don't seem to get this though.

If I was drunk and having sex with a girl and she told me to stop and I didn't stop as she asked, I could easily say to myself, "Hey, It's already rape, I may aswell just carry on and rape her to my hearts content seeing as it's all the same, no more harm done ay".

Archived