Degrees of rape - The poll

Does rape come in degrees?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Does rape come in degrees?

• Yes - Lots of types - some worse than others
    • No - It's all equally bad
    • I have no idea

Below is a typical example of ronthenekred making a fool of himself when caught out teling porkies

So in actual fact you never said it you're just claiming you said it due to the fact you're a in an ever deepening hole, If I were you I'd stop digging.

I'll leave it with you.

"What porkies"

Spot on, people don't seem to get this though.

If I was drunk and having sex with a girl and she told me to stop and I didn't stop as she asked, I could easily say to myself, "Hey, It's already rape, I may aswell just carry on and rape her to my hearts content seeing as it's all the same, no more harm done ay".

Maybe if you lot didn't get so hung up on you're weird little fantasies and concentrated on the rule of law we might get somewhere.

Agree 100%, if rapists adopted Ronthenerds mentality (or lack of it) in the situation where female B found herself the attitude could well be no matter how many times we do it or injure her it is no more serious than a bog standard rape.

Only bassman, only bassman.:roll:

Maybe if you lot didn't get so hung up on you're weird little fantasies and concentrated on the rule of law we might get somewhere.

What's the law got to do with whether we think some cases of rape are worse than others? It has nothing to do with what the law says, it's about whether we think rape can vary in severity. Are you blatantly denying this is the case, even with the above examples?

Originally Posted by ronthenekred

He's catching on at last, he now accepts that he's on his own.

What's the law got to do with whether we think some cases of rape are worse than others? It has nothing to do with what the law says, it's about whether we think rape can vary in severity. Are you blatantly denying this is the case, even with the above examples?

Blind as a bat.

Agree 100%, if rapists adopted Ronthenerds mentality (or lack of it) in the situation where female B found herself the attitude could well be no matter how many times we do it or injure her it is no more serious than a bog standard rape.

And you have the audacity to imply another poster may use "vulgarity" as a reply. Your "bog standard rape" turn of phrase is tantamount to fumbling with your groin while typing.:gag:

Surely you're not serious as regards points of law when you vote on such an issue. You can sit here all day inventing your scenarios but those scenarios when put to the test would be scrutinised by our legal system.

He's catching on at last, he now accepts that he's on his own.

That works to my advantage thanks. You're on such a little trip you make stupid comments beyond your usual stupidity in your haste.

Up a 7 so must leave you two with your scenarios. Nighty night boys.

Female A goes out, has a nice time and meets a new man. They enjoy the evening. Drink copious amounts of alcohol and end up in bed. The next morning she is horrified and ashamed at sleeping with a munter who looked perfectly fine when she had her beer goggles on. Decides she was raped and calls the police.

If she consented in the first place then it wasn't rape. I must've written this about 4 times now. If people are going to hypothesise then atleast give us something realistic.

I'll give you an hypothesis.

Female A is out on a date and goes back to her house with the man. When alone with him she is raped.

Female B is walking in the park. A man jumps out and rapes her.

Is it really so easy to say "A sounds the lesser of the two evils"?

Another load of missinformation

Robbery with violence is a single charge, you don't get charged twice.

Robbery is the crime of taking something.

Assault and grievous bodily harm is the crime of inflicting violence upon a person. They would be charged twice.

BBC News -

Another load of missinformation

Rape with violence is far more traumatic than straitforeward rape.

Don't you mean BOG STANDARD Rape? And what's "straitforeward rape"?

Are both these rapes like 'dun't worry luv i'm just gonna bog standard rape thee'?

Before accusing someone of vulgarity I suggest you take a long long hard look at yourself matey.

Any one of you that says both of these cases are the same are deluded. Also, don't even try giving it any of this "female B was subjected to different crimes than rape". That is just bull and you know it. It was all part of the ordeal

I think the poll results speak for themselves.

No one has suggested they are.

That's because all "acts" of rape are not the same. If a woman is raped and her jewellery and purse stolen then she has been raped AND her belongings removed. They weren't stolen because she was raped, they were stolen because he committed an additional crime, as with any other committed or not at the time.

Bassmans argument is that if the separate crime to rape is more or less heinous (lots of types) it makes the rape crime more or less by association (degrees), as demonstrated by his vote. All crimes have to be judged on individual merit and not lumped together.

You cannot enter a woman or man with your penis any differently to another woman or man, regardless of any other crime committed, you either do or you do not. It's clinical but simple.

Rape law is not interested in bassmans moronic analogies to deflect from fact. He thinks he's clever but the result is tedious.

Degrees of rape-Poll:

Degrees of rape? - Yes lots of types- some worse than others. Wrong, the circumstances additional to rape could be deemed more or less worse, as rape is a separate and individual crime in itself.

Degrees of rape? - No- it's equally as bad. Correct. There is no definition of rape as unequal.

Proof you're capable of reading a poll question in relation to the options given as answers.

I find it incredible that someone would try to say that one rape is less horrific than another.

I nearly voted myself in favour of yes. I then decided to read all the thread and relate it back to the original question/poll. I'm glad I did. "No" is the only logical answer.

I'm ignorant because I don't agree with you? How does that work?

I apologise matey it seems you took it as an insult.

Ignorance is only a term for lack of knowledge. In one form or other we all guilty of the lack of it. I've read the posts I've read the law on rape. I can only conclude you didn't. That just made you ignorant of fact in relation to fiction, as shown in your vote.

Archived