Degrees of rape - The poll

Does rape come in degrees?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Does rape come in degrees?

• Yes - Lots of types - some worse than others
    • No - It's all equally bad
    • I have no idea

If so it would mean they don't excuse their behaviour, their behaviour is excused by the "victims" actions.:suspect:

Absolutely, paedophiles want to believe their victims are consensual, it endorses their behaviour and also gives them a feeling of approval.

The example given in the OP was of a 14 year old girl having 'consensual) sex with a series of adult males. I don't think it takes the power of higher reasoning to surmise that this child has had a dysfunctional life and is unlikely to be making rational decisions about her intimate encounters.

OK Based upon your example when she is fifteen years 11 months and 29 days old she has a dysfunctional life and is unlikely to be making rational decissions, next day on her sixteenth birthday she is just an 'easy' slapper??

First degree murder

Second degree murder

Manslaughter

Do we need rape to be classified in this way?

I was careful to say 'murderers' rather than 'killers'-so people convicted of murder rather than manslaughter (we don't have first/second degree murder over here), but I hear what you say and perhaps your proposal to have 'rape' classified in a similar way should be looked at.

OK Based upon your example when she is fifteen years 11 months and 29 days old she has a dysfunctional life and is unlikely to be making rational decissions, next day on her sixteenth birthday she is just an 'easy' slapper??

So what alternative are you suggesting? Should we abolish the age of consent altogther?

Absolutely, paedophiles want to believe their victims are consensual, it endorses their behaviour and also gives them a feeling of approval.

It's textbook, which is based on a lot of evidence from paedophiles themselves who go through psycho analysis as part of a voluntary rehabilitation process.

I think we're digressing though.

So what alternative are you suggesting? Should we abolish the age of consent altogther?

No I was just pointing out how arbitrary the rules regarding age of consent are. Children mature at different rates and I've met some REALLY immature late teens/twenty year olds and some really mature 'children'. Perhaps a 'one size fits all' age limit should be reconsidered? What about introducing an 'adulthood' test, sort of like a 'driving licence' for living'?

No I was just pointing out how arbitrary the rules regarding age of consent are. Children mature at different rates and I've met some REALLY immature late teens/twenty year olds and some really mature 'children'. Perhaps a 'one size fits all' age limit should be reconsidered? What about introducing an 'adulthood' test, sort of like a 'driving licence' for living'?

Interesting. I'm just wondering at what age you apply the test? Or would the test only apply if and when a case was brought before the courts to determine responsibility?

Interesting. I'm just wondering at what age you apply the test? Or would the test only apply if and when a case was brought before the courts to determine responsibility?

That’s the whole point a judge and jury should apply a “test”, I think that is what Ken Clarke was suggesting ......... judge each case on its merits.

I've absolutely no idea! Maybe as a 'qualification' from school? You know written test on how well you understand the responsibilities of 'adulthood'? Required to buy Alcohol and cigs etc?

I've absolutely no idea! Maybe as a 'qualification' from school? You know written test on how well you understand the responsibilities of 'adulthood'? Required to buy Alcohol and cigs etc?

I can think of many adults on this forum who would fail that test :hihi:

Archived