Why don't supermarket trolleys have proper brakes?

on topic - no, your car insurance would be liable for you damaging somebody else's car through negligence with your trolley. Just ask the cashier for somebody to help you to your car - they're usually more than happy to help out

Why on earth would your car insurance cover you for damaging someone else's car with a shopping trolley?

I don't see why not - the car park there was exceedingly steep and I've seen fit men sprinting after a loose trolley and failing miserably in keeping up with it.

I have heard it may become an Olympic sport in the future!

I've always thought those things should have brakes, first and foremost for safety.

My car was once dented by a shopping cart that rolled down a slight incline. As it was less to fix than my deductible, I just drove around with it till I sold the car. Grrrr.

i thought they did have brakes, a plastic bit on the wheels that you push down with your foot and have to fight the trolley to get it to come back up again

Is that what that is? I'll have to look the next time I go shopping.

If you can't control a shopping trolley should you really be driving a car?

Funny you should mention that because the number of people who are incapable of pushing a trolley correctly is on the increase; you know, like leaning on the trolley and pushing it with their folded arms.

Funny you should mention that because the number of people who are incapable of pushing a trolley correctly is on the increase; you know, like leaning on the trolley and pushing it with their folded arms.

Loads of old birds have a front assist ,like an extra bra: some4times there is little room for shopping.I guess it helps stretch a meagre pension.

Archived