Anyone remember the Back Street Band?

LesMcQueen

• 3 years later...

Hiya Les, Yes I do remember THE BACKSTREET Band.I formed it.!!As you say we played The Pomona fortnightly in 1988 and then The Jolly Buffer as well as all the local pubs etc:Phil Docherty was the vocals, equally as good as Joe Cocker ( and I've played with both. Joe for over 4 yrs) Ian Wilkie lead , fantastic Guitarist, John Staniforth, Drums, replaced by Paul Rawlings,and Dave Evans, Bass,Me playing rythmn and doing a bit of backing vocals with Ian.At the time we were playing almost every night of the week.I think the landlords of both pubs: were worried about the crowds we used to attract, as you'll remember it get a bit 'Heavin' didn't it.Anyway thanks for the memories.& all the best.

• 2 years later...

Hey WhiteFender.

Sorry about the looooong gap between your reply and mine.

You guys were great. I used to swap my shifts to nights when you were playing.

Stand-outs for me were aways "Black magic woman", and "Don't believe a word"

Don't suppose you remember what your set list was do you? I can feel a compilation coming on.. ;-)

Watch-it Fella.

Thanks for the memories and compliments.

Great days, seem like a long time ago now.Just wondered if all the lads are still with us,Lol.

Lost touch with all of them but I believe Ian is still playing but he doesn't live in Sheff: now, he's well into his 50's but what a great guitar player he was.

I think Phil is still around,as miserable as ever,but wow. what a voice, matches Cocker any day but he just didn't want me to make him'famous'.Dave,(Bass) not seen now for at least 12 yrs: and Paul(Drums) for the same.

Think it would be great to reform again for one more gig before we all meet the Great 'Rocker' in the sky.I'll try and remember our 'set' and let you know.

Keep rockin' man.Whitefender.

Here yar fella,

All i can remember but I'm sure we did a lot more.

we always opened with;-

Can't get enough.

Rough Boy.

Hoochie Coochie man.

Sultans of swing.

Black magic Woman,

Honky Tonk Woman.

Jumpin'Jack Flash.

Brown Sugar.

Leila.

Money for nothin'.

Don't believe a Word.

Alright Now.

Midnight Hour.

With a little help.

A Chuck Berry medley.

Hey Joe.

Jealous Guy.

Unchain my heart.

Gimme all your lovin'.

Keep on runnin'.

Sunshine of your love.

You really got me.

Wonderfull tonight.

Many many more,I hope you remember this lot,and thanks for jogging my memory.

Keep rockin' man.

Whitefender.

• 1 year later...

Archived