Speed camera detector - which one?

Guest brownd95

Do speed trap detectors stop you killing children with your selfish stupidity?

Cretinous OP from a selfish idiot who I would loved to see banned from the road as quickly as possible.

I hope he wastes the cash on crap, pays a daft monthly fee and still gets nicked for being an idiot.

The roads will be safer once people that stupid are off them.

But all that will do is alert you to the big yellow speed cameras at the side of the road. If you can't see them and need assistance you really shouldn't be on the road!

Conversely you could look at it as;

rather than spending concentration on looking out for the cameras you spend time looking out for hazards and then get an auditory warning of an approaching camera/red light camera/SPECS set-up/common mobile speed camera site and can use that as a warning that the area you are approaching is a higher-risk locale.

It's using technology to augment our senses and make us safer.

Conversely you could look at it as;

rather than spending concentration on looking out for the cameras you spend time looking out for hazards and then get an auditory warning of an approaching camera/red light camera/SPECS set-up/common mobile speed camera site and can use that as a warning that the area you are approaching is a higher-risk locale.

It's using technology to augment our senses and make us safer.

Or, stick to the speed limits and you don't have to spent time or concentration looking for cameras.

Or, stick to the speed limits and you don't have to spent time or concentration looking for cameras.

Very true,

But at the end of the day, people are going to speed, all the whinging and moaning and SF isn't going to change that fact, but tbh i'd rather people speed and then slow down in areas where it has been established that excess speed costs lives, ie. camera sites, then speed through regardless.

The problem's never going to go away, so might as well mitigate.

Hi everyone,

Can someone tell me which one is best to buy for day to day driving (motorway and urban driving) ??

I am after a unit that is the best for this sort of thing and can detect as many types of cameras out there.

I dont want a sat nav unit with camera warnings. Just a detector unit.

If you can give me some info which you would recommend

I have a VW Bora, does the windowscreen have any film which will stop the unit from working??

cheers

If you can’t see a speed sign, a camera warning sign, a police officer stood at the side of the road pointing a speed gun at you, or a big yellow box on a post, or a police camera van parked at the side of the road, when you are driving, then you shouldn’t be driving because either your eye sight is impaired or you are not paying enough attention to the road.

Archived