Hayfever cures - Natural or "alternative"

I was bought a device from lloyds that is frankly ridiculous. It's two plastic pegs with LED's on the end that you stick up your nostrils. It's supposedly "light therapy" and I have used it (it looks equally as ridiculous as it sounds) for a prolonged period and haven't really noticed much difference. Colour me surprised

I was bought a device from lloyds that is frankly ridiculous. It's two plastic pegs with LED's on the end that you stick up your nostrils. It's supposedly "light therapy" and I have used it (it looks equally as ridiculous as it sounds) for a prolonged period and haven't really noticed much difference. Colour me surprised

that sounds insane but one I definitely will mention and look into .

will be handy for finding you nose in the dark though ?

I wonder what it is about local honey and nettles? I am going to have a look to see why it must be local.

Thanks for these.

I'm not convinced by this, bees make honey by regurgitating the nectar they have eaten (I think) not the pollen, the honey should be totaly pollen free.

I know people who swear by irrigating their eyes, nose and sinuses with saline to wash out as much of the pollen as possible. Saline specifically for the purpose can be bought these days, but a box of sterile saline pods which were produced for wound irrigation does the job just as well.

I used to promote Steripods as part of my job and until they came out sterile saline was available only in little sachets, which had no potential for squirting anywhere apart from into a bowl, and there were loads of pharmacists who were happy to see the new pods because they could be used for irrigating eyes and noses straight from the pot.

I've tried irrigating my nose and sinuses with saline and I have to say that it made me gip, but I suppose whether you're prepared to do it does depend on how badly you're affected by the hayfever.

I'm not convinced by this, bees make honey by regurgitating the nectar they have eaten (I think) not the pollen, the honey should be totaly pollen free.

I know that honey has been used for all sorts of cures throughout history but I just wonder if there is any science behind it as it keeps cropping up as I look.

Honey Facts:

Honey is one of the earliest forms of saccharine substances known to man.

It takes 50,000 bees to produce 500 pounds of honey in one year!

The ingredients in honey are water, pollen, fructose, glucose, organic acids, proteins and enzymes.

One of the most common medicinal uses for honey recently is in the treatment of hay fever.

Read more: http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/honey.shtml#ixzz1Mtshz0BC

I know people who swear by irrigating their eyes, nose and sinuses with saline to wash out as much of the pollen as possible. Saline specifically for the purpose can be bought these days, but a box of sterile saline pods which were produced for wound irrigation does the job just as well.

I used to promote Steripods as part of my job and until they came out sterile saline was available only in little sachets, which had no potential for squirting anywhere apart from into a bowl, and there were loads of pharmacists who were happy to see the new pods because they could be used for irrigating eyes and noses straight from the pot.

I've tried irrigating my nose and sinuses with saline and I have to say that it made me gip, but I suppose whether you're prepared to do it does depend on how badly you're affected by the hayfever.

the thought has made my eyes run. I can't stand things up my nose or in my eyes.

Archived