The end is nigh..

Donkeys years ago the guy who had 'The End Of The World Is Nigh' flag on Fargate, came into the tailors shop that I worked at, and was measured for a suit on six weeks delivery. :hihi:

Nigh doesn't mean now, it means near*, so there could well be time for the fella to try on his suit before the end.

*except in Belfast where nigh does mean now! ;)

John X

They are using this as a news filler over here. There's a preacher in the US who claims to have studied the bible and deduced that the Rapture will take place tomorrow. He claimed the same thing back in the 90s and the day came and went. Here we all are. Having a happy time, listening to Sheffield Wednesday games. Well, strike out the "happy" bit, maybe.

I thought it was supposed to be Judgement day tomorrow? The end of the world isnt till October 21st!

Taken from... http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/outreach/tracts/may21/

By God’s grace and tremendous mercy, He is giving us advanced warning as to what He is about to do. On Judgment Day, May 21st, 2011, this 5-month period of horrible torment will begin for all the inhabitants of the earth. It will be on May 21st that God will raise up all the dead that have ever died from their graves. Earthquakes will ravage the whole world as the earth will no longer conceal its dead (Isaiah 26:21). People who died as saved individuals will experience the resurrection of their bodies and immediately leave this world to forever be with the Lord. Those who died unsaved will be raised up as well, but only to have their lifeless bodies scattered about the face of all the earth. Death will be everywhere

and.........

On October 21st, 2011, God will completely destroy this creation and all of the people who never experienced the salvation of Jesus Christ along with it. The awful payment for their sinful rebellion against God will be completed by the loss of everlasting life. On October 21st, 2011, all of these poor people will cease to exist from that point forward. How sad that noble man, made in God’s image, will die like a beast and perish forever

So it must be true!! ;):roll:

Nigh doesn't mean now, it means near*, so there could well be time for the fella to try on his suit before the end.

*except in Belfast where nigh does mean now! ;)

John X

Needless to say, it was probably sensible to get him to pay up front.

:)

Is anyone aware of any specific time tomorrow. Thanks
I'm wondering whether it's worth opening the shop? Does anyone know what's supposd to happen to those of us that don't get Raptured, do we just carry on as normal or what? :confused:

And I'm a little bit annoyed now as I thought the End of the World was planned for December 2012 ... this new information seriously messes up my diary :rolleyes:

I'm wondering whether it's worth opening the shop? Does anyone know what's supposd to happen to those of us that don't get Raptured, do we just carry on as normal or what? :confused:

And I'm a little bit annoyed now as I thought the End of the World was planned for December 2012 ... this new information seriously messes up my diary :rolleyes:

tbh its not new, this ones been buzzing about for a few months now, you shouldve already had it penciled in

"may 21st - gonna be raptured tonight"

Archived