Shops refuse to sell Harry Potter toys

Ah cheers for the link, i was gonna look for it but its too awkward on a mobile.

As for extremes, i believe theres plenty of religious people who practice but dont look for things to ban

There is a bit of a difference though is there not?

Any individual is fully entitled to refuse to stock something in a shop that they own.

An individual using their magic man authority to demand that other individuals should have their freedoms curtailed is offensive.

I do recognise that such individuals belong to all sorts of religions, and other twisted ideologies, and that is what you are trying to highlight. However, this example doesn't back up the argument.

I have no problem at all with his shop, I have a problem with what you said. I agree he is perfectly entitled to sell what he wants and said as much earlier in this thread.

What I have a problem with is the retarded notion that seems ingrained in our culture that 'sticking to your principles' regardless of the situation is an admirable thing. It is not, it is a bad thing that should be looked down upon. It is a celebration of closed mindedness.

Whatever dude, it's not worth getting so upset about. Take an aspirin or have a nap. It's not like he has been told not to sell them from some political ideology making out it's a religion. :)

Whatever dude, it's not worth getting so upset about.
Yes it is. Ignorance and closed mindedness should not be celebrated or lauded as virtues, they are vices.

Also, you've rather betrayed yourself with your last sentence, your agenda has become obvious.

There is a bit of a difference though is there not?

Any individual is fully entitled to refuse to stock something in a shop that they own.

An individual using their magic man authority to demand that other individuals should have their freedoms curtailed is offensive.

I do recognise that such individuals belong to all sorts of religions, and other twisted ideologies, and that is what you are trying to highlight. However, this example doesn't back up the argument.

Nail on head.:D

Yes it is. Ignorance and closed mindedness should not be celebrated or lauded as virtues, they are vices.

Also, you've rather betrayed yourself with your last sentence, your agenda has become obvious.

Having that nap?

Good.

Bit like halal and kosher butchers not selling pork then, yes?

A Muslim or Jewish butcher not selling pork, is that idiocy too?

no, i compared this story to the one about the early learning centre banning pigs from toy sets, its not really the banning thats the problem its the reason why

both completely idiotic really

on the one hand wrongfully stating that harry potter is evil and turning kids to witchcraft

on the other banning a harmless childrens toy, on the pretext of saving people from being in contact of a pig when its against their religion.

this thread also highlights certain forummers hypocrisy as they will wriggle like mad to find excuses for the "good christian" yet ANYTHING mentioning muslims causes that much of a furore

Archived