Are you prepared for zombie apocalypse?

If I can get to work I'd be fine - no ground floor Windows, solid 8 lock door and a variety of sharp and pointy impliments. And a few pot noodles;)

I used to think I was weird for already having scoped out a zombie survival plan for our office block. Then I met another colleague who had also done the same and we compared notes!

Now everyone else just thinks we are weird...

I used to think I was weird for already having scoped out a zombie survival plan for our office block. Then I met another colleague who had also done the same and we compared notes!

Now everyone else just thinks we are weird...

I do it my head when Im watching the walking dead, or its in my head after I've watched it. I was at work thinking "this would do". I've not brought anything specifically to stave off the undead hordes, Ive always got a pot noodle knocking about if I work late and need a snack and the workshop is, well, a workshop with all the stuff a workshop naturally has . Once I start putting aside bays of racking for dried food etc then I need to worry :)

I do it my head when Im watching the walking dead, or its in my head after I've watched it. I was at work thinking "this would do". I've not brought anything specifically to stave off the undead hordes, Ive always got a pot noodle knocking about if I work late and need a snack and the workshop is, well, a workshop with all the stuff a workshop naturally has . Once I start putting aside bays of racking for dried food etc then I need to worry :)

Don't forget, in order to be able to consume dried food you need access to clean, hot water - which may be a problem in a zombie apocalypse.

There is also the issue of whether having a pot noodle or having your brain et is the worst of two horrible fates... :)

Don't forget, in order to be able to consume dried food you need access to clean, hot water - which may be a problem in a zombie apocalypse.

There is also the issue of whether having a pot noodle or having your brain et is the worst of two horrible fates... :)

Ive got a kettle and tap :)

But surely you would see the Zombie apocalypse coming - you could fill a few bottles full of water etc. (I'm giving this wayyyyyyy to much thought!!!)

Whilst anything that requires physical effort will only be useful until you get tired...

Of course, there are those who would only notice there's a crisis when X-Factor abruptly switches off and the microwave stops working. Stamina-based defences may not be best suited to them. Then again, neither may be the technicalities of firearm or chainsaw operation.

If you're fighting off so many that you're getting too tired to continue (swarmed) then you might not fare much better with firearms (heavy, need time to reload, noisy & will attract many more) or chainsaws.

---------- Post added 11-05-2016 at 16:49 ----------

I suppose it all depends on what kind of zombie apocalypse we are talking about. If its a George A. Romero style, you just need to stay ahead of them, but if its more like 28 Days Later. You'll need to be tooled up.

How do you do that if they surround you?

---------- Post added 11-05-2016 at 16:55 ----------

Ive got a kettle and tap :)

But surely you would see the Zombie apocalypse coming - you could fill a few bottles full of water etc. (I'm giving this wayyyyyyy to much thought!!!)

How so ?

Edited by RootsBooster

Of course, there are those who would only notice there's a crisis when X-Factor abruptly switches off and the microwave stops working. Stamina-based defences may not be best suited to them. Then again, neither may be the technicalities of firearm or chainsaw operation.

If you're fighting off so many that you're getting too tired to continue (swarmed) then you might not fare much better with firearms (heavy, need time to reload, noisy & will attract many more) or chainsaws.

---------- Post added 11-05-2016 at 16:49 ----------

How do you do that if they surround you?

---------- Post added 11-05-2016 at 16:55 ----------

How so ?

A valid point mr booster. If it's a viral thing, unless killamarsh is ground zero, I'd like to think I'd have sufficient time to get to my zombie-proof citadel. But if it's a dead-rising-from-the-grave supernatural thing I may well struggle.

• 1 month later...
today i was trying to think, where in sheffield would i go to get weapons?

Back in the day id go to Suggs sport on pinstone street for the baseball bats and air rifles. no idea now?

i presume a sports direct would be out of town? meadowhell? and so a dangerous place to get to without weaponary

Also, there's..... http://nmproducts.co.uk/zombie-weapons-c-3230_3748.html

Look at the symbology in this ceremony to open the largest train tunnel in the world.

Zombies at the start in orange jump suits!

Man I love the videos you post, they are absolutely hilarious!

I love the bit in the middle where he starts directly appealing to the viewers:

'Satan is coming, these people are calling for Satan to emerge from the abyss!'

Genuine lol