Are you prepared for zombie apocalypse?

In some fiction I've read Zombies thrive in the cold and are born from the cold, so I guess it would depend on what kind of zombie outbreak we've got.

I mean, we should at least know whether they're classic shuffle zombies, or modern sprinting ones, that would change all the tactics required.

In some fiction I've read Zombies thrive in the cold and are born from the cold, so I guess it would depend on what kind of zombie outbreak we've got.

I mean, we should at least know whether they're classic shuffle zombies, or modern sprinting ones, that would change all the tactics required.

Oh come on FJ, you're a man of knowledge and facts so I KNOW you're pulling our leg on this one!!!

Physics dictates that the colder a body is, the more restricted its movement, this applies to the undead too.

Sprinting zombies are fiction, everyone knows that!!! :hihi:

Ive dug out a safe bunker and have a range of high powered weaponry at hand just incase of this very occurance...

Have you got room for me? :hihi: i'll bring a torch and biscuits :D

Safe bunker? !!!!!!

Dead-end death pit, once the ammo and biscuits have run out more like!!!!!! :o

Come on, you need to think properly about this stuff!

Ok a question for all zombie experts, My son wants to know if there was a zombie infestation would it just be the human undead to come and eat us all or would the undead animals come back to have a munch as well? If thats the case crash helmets is a must , undead blackbirds pecking at your head is gonna hurt:hihi:

Ok a question for all zombie experts, My son wants to know if there was a zombie infestation would it just be the human undead to come and eat us all or would the undead animals come back to have a munch as well? If thats the case crash helmets is a must , undead blackbirds pecking at your head is gonna hurt:hihi:

Good point, It would all depend of the cause of the zombie pandemic.

1. Biological/viral- it would depend on the strain of the virus or parasite, many will only affect humans just like many will only affect certain types of animals. I think in this case there would be a good chance it's humans only, who knows though?

2. Supernatural- a curse, a punishment from God, the planets aligning? I think it'd be humans only, as we're the only species guilty of crimes against life and nature. Of course the supernatural is a ridiculous notion :hihi:!!!!

Anyway, back to zombies....

3. Scientific experimentation- all species are up for grabs here. Neurogenesis experiments have already been carried out on animals for years.

Oh come on FJ, you're a man of knowledge and facts so I KNOW you're pulling our leg on this one!!!

Physics dictates that the colder a body is, the more restricted its movement, this applies to the undead too.

Sprinting zombies are fiction, everyone knows that!!! :hihi:

Ah, but zombies are less likely to decay in such a cold environment so what you gain in the slowness of the zombie due to the cold, you lose in the zombie being 'operational' for a longer period. I'd say your best bet is a warm humid environment where the zombie will decay quickly therefore being a threat for a shorter period of time. Personally, I think a lot of the people portrayed in zombie movies are only slightly more intelligent than the zombies themselves.